Wednesday, March 24, 2004

BJ: Florence was ready when I got there and excited to be going. Florence was an intern at the station . Tall and a little on the heavy side -voluptuous. She looked absolutely lovely and I told her so. She told me that I cleaned up very well. My usual attire being chinos and sweatshirt. Florence enjoyed the whole experience,beginning to end. We had a late dinner and I took her home. If things had been different - no, it would have been the same. I would have done just what I was doing now. I kissed her lightly on the mouth and said good night. It was 3 am. I had time to go home and change and go to work. I couldn't even remember how close Christmas was any more.
BJ: I was tired when I walked in the door. I went to the latte machine and hit the switch and continued with my usual routine. When I came out for the latte, Caroline was there with Mercedes talking about cookies. I smiled at both of them telling Mer she had been very good last night. I left them with their cookie making and went in to take my shower. I knew Mer would keep Caroline out of my room so I didn't bother to lock it. When I came back out I was clean-shaven skin pampered and lip balmed. Feeling alive once again and dressed in T-shirt tucked into my Levi jeans and my cowboy boots on my feet. I asked Caroline for another cup of latte and maybe I could have a couple of cookies too? Then I turned to Mercedes , I would like you to take a walk with me in a while. Will you come?
Mercedes: Sure, I will BJ. (I didn't know what I'd be doing after we finished with the cookies and whatnot anyways, and I don't know what I was thinking last night, of course he had a date!)
BJ : I was prepared for her to say no but she hadn't. I took a couple of cookies, my latte and went in to get some sleep until they were done. Just knock or something when your ready- K?
Mer: In about 3 hours, we were done. Keely had a huge oven! We cleaned up whatever mess we had made, and I went and knocked on BJs door
BJ: I'm up I mumbled and went to splash some water on my face. When I came out the door I was ready to go . We said nothing at first just walked . After a while I asked her what had been wrong last night. I could tell there was something, I told her, so she might as well tell me.
Mer: You must be the only one who noticed. I got a call from Kari, PJ was having some problems, everything's alright now.
BJ: For half a second I wondered if I should let her get away with that answer and decided -no. I could let that go, I said to her but I know better. If there was something wrong with that dog you wouldn't hesitate to grab a transport right after the concert. It was me, wasn't it Mer? I'm ssooo sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I lifted her face to mine and kissed her. How long will you be here and will you stay with me in my bed while you are here? The other thing I would like to know is how uncomfortable have we made Keely? I just want to be with you I said as I kissed her.
Mer: He really did know me too well. Another week, I'll be here. Of course I will, and Keely is fine, she's much more comfortable with minding her own business than Joe.
BJ: It's just that it is her home. Oh , Mercedes, don't you understand that I do need to ask. What kind of a man just assumes that a famous, beautiful-now don't say a word Mer-woman will just sleep with him because he wants her to. Especially if he has made no promises to her? I never expect you to have waited around for me. Every time you go on tour, I fully expect that you will have found someone else. Please Mer, if you want me to be with you at your concert tell me so ahead of time. Other wise I will always have bought tickets to your shows and I honestly will not be going alone. Enough of this! What are the plans for Christmas. I will be at work until the usual time. That should give everyone some family time without me around. If you have any thing you want to ask me, now is the time Mer.
Mer: BJ-he didn't want me argue his first point, and in reality I couldn't. I know BJ, I knew you'd have tickets, and I knew you'd have someone with you; and I should have been thinking better. But BJ, I always want you with me; PJ's a great dog, but she isn't you; and neither are any of the men I've seen this past year. Dinner should be all ready at 5 that evening. I don't know what to ask you BJ, I really don't.
BJ: Just remember you have to let me know. You may change your mind and you may not. I will never take how you feel for granted. We went and had dessert as we watched the skaters on the pond, from the warm inside cafe.
Mer: That was one of the reasons I loved him, no, there had been more than one reason in that conversation. He didn't take me for granted, and he hadn't made any promises. We watched the skaters on the pond, and ate our desserts in the comfort of the indoor cafe.
Keely: It was a little strange having grams stay "with" BJ, but it was fine with me, I don't butt into people's business, and since BJ was renting the extra room, it went double for him. It helped that I knew grams was old enough to take care of herself. Christmas morning, we had breakfast, did the whole stocking thing, and opened the gifts we had bought each other. Well, all except one, which we normally waited until after dinner to open. Grams and Caroline had made enough snack food to last a year, and so lunch was a non issue.
Mercedes: I felt like I had spent the entire morning in the kitchen, but dinner was in the oven, and Keely could handle the rest. I went directly to the shower, after making sure BJ's latte' would be ready for him when he got in the door.
BJ: I got home the usual time and same routine, except my latte was ready. I grabbed a few cookies and my latte , heading straight for our room and the shower. I hadn't seen anyone on my in so the merry Christmas I had ready on my lips was saved until I saw Mer. She was just about to come out of the shower as I was coming in. I said my merry Christmas and we took my shower. You still smell of cookies and food or is that just the aromas finding their way into our room? I Wanted to just hold her for?? I didn't know how long but, I had gifts to give. I put myself together although I had no idea what to put on? Help Mer.
Mer: I helped, I handed him my favorite pair of his jeans, and a nice t shirt. I put my own clothes on, and we had dinner, after which came the final gift giving event. BJ had in front of him (still wrapped) the cuff links, a new wallet, and the upgrade for his latte machine. The cuff links were from me, the wallet from Caroline, and the upgrade from Keely. I'd give him the other gift later on that evening.
BJ: They had bought me gifts . I hadn't expected that they would. I loved everything I was given and I hugged and kissed them all Caroline too. Then I gave them theirs / Caroline the the running shoes and dance certificate for two - Keely the one day a month for 12 months at the head to toe place and the ruby earrings. Lastly I gave Mercedes the necklace. The dark emerald in the tear shape with the three diamonds leading to the emeralds and diamonds that would circle her neck. and I held my breath while they opened them.
Keely: I was speechless, as was Caroline.
Mercedes: BJ, it's beautiful. I thought I may have a heart attack it was so beautiful. I watched as Keely and Caroline thanked BJ with hugs, and then I kissed him, thank you BJ. There was hot chocolate, and more cookies, and then Caroline decided it was time to watch the TV movies that were on every year. I don't know about you, but I need some sleep. I said my good nights, pulled on some Pajamas and climbed into bed for the night. I had made sure to put the jewels in a safe place, Caroline might be my great grand-daughter, but she couldn't be trusted. I'd take a run tomorrow, it had been a week since I had run anywhere!
BJ: I kissed Mercedes goodnite and let her go to sleep, I knew that I was past that now and she was truly tired. I stayed up and watched movies . I never seemed to tire of some. Keely and I compared one version of a movie to it's others. What we liked better and Caroline would shush us with, I'm trying to here this. I took Keely aside and offered to replace the rubies with a different stone if she would prefer. I knew some women weren't fond of the deep red color and I wanted her to be happy. I thanked her again for the update to my latte machine, it had been the perfect gift. I could feel the cuff links in my pocket and smiled. I sat down at the table after retrieving my wallet and jacket from our room and locking it. I also stashed my new links. I removed the cardboard, plastic and paper from the new wallet and began to transfer things to it. Everything fit extremely well. There would be room for a picture or two also. The old one I tossed into the wastebasket, the new one into one of the front pockets of my jeans. I whispered merry Christmas to the house one last time before locking up. I was off to work.
Mercedes: I woke up about 10, and at 11 am I was ready to do my run. I ran for the better part of an hour, and after getting lost, I finally ended up back at Keely's and met BJ in the shower, the next week I spent there, felt like a gift. I didn't want to leave, but PJ was home, missing me, and all the other bull. BJ, would you consider joining me on the sailboat sometime this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment