Sunday, March 14, 2004

BJ: I took a metal box out of my pack and prepared to bury it with something important of mine in it. I stood up and took off my ring and through it as far as I could . That was my gift to the gods, so to speak. I didn't know how much of the ritual Mer would follow, it didn't matter. I took all the letters she had written to me, they were tied together with a thin length of leather and sealed in plastic, I put them in the box and started to dig a hole for it.
Mercedes: The only ring I had was clay's and my wedding ring, I had long ago given the engagement ring to one of the kids. I pulled it out of my pocket, kissed it goodbye, and tossed it to the gods. BJ had brought the box to bury, and placed something wrapped up in a piece of leather inside. Mine would be my copy of the disc I made for BJ, including the original sheet with the lyrics scribbled on it, and also a family photo. I closed the box, and BJ finished up digging the hole, I put the box in it, and we buried it.
BJ: I almost stopped her when she went to throw. It looked like a ring and my hand went up to stop her but, I pulled it back. I couldn't remember anything else except that we would have to go back down. Repel to the bottom. We made it. The only other thing was the tattoo. I wasn't sure about that.
Mer: It was over, we climbed, we threw, we buried, and we repelled back down. Later on, I asked BJ if it helped him figure anything out... that had been the whole reason I had even said anything about it in the first place.
BJ: How did this adventure help me. I wasn't sure if it had helped me figure anything out. It gave me a sense of harmony, Mer. A peacefulness inside me. I am considering the tattoo.
Mer: I had been hoping that the outcome would be bigger than just a sense of harmony, I had been hoping there would be a great revelation. He would finally make up his mind about things. Oh well, guess I'd just have to wait some more. The tattoo, I might be able to do that. What to do next, well that I had no clue about!

No comments:

Post a Comment