Friday, March 19, 2004

Eagle:I got spoiled while we were away. We could have conversations that didn't get interrupted. Kisses that lasted more than 30 seconds. I could hold my wife and make love to her all we wanted. We tried snow-shoeing, skiing - down hill and cross-country. We did some dog sledding and just a little ice skating. I promise you Mari, that we will never go this long without time for us ever again.
Marijuana: Thank you Eagle, let's see how the housekeeper has done, and maybe keep her? I had been taking some photography classes, and Alaska was a beautiful place to get some of that in. Especially when it involved Eagle on ice skates! It had been years since we had spent this much time alone together, I think we got extremely spoiled. I would do it every month if he suggested it!
Eagle: Evidently it had been Denzel's turn to stay over-night with our brood because he was making pancakes and squeezing oranges for juice when we came in. He looked really domestic . I had never, as far as I could remember seen him cooking. I don't know why it surprised me but it did. Good morning Denz
Denz: Morning Eagle, Mari. How was the trip? You look like you enjoyed yourselves, shall I just say that your children are incredibly stubborn, just like the two of you. Have a seat, it's time for breakfast, unless you already ate?
Eagle: Wonderful would describe it in a word. We'll tell you more another time -pictures and all, right Mari? We haven't eaten -thanks Denz we would love to join you.
I hope they were reasonably good for you . I guess Pandora has filled you in on what ever new designs she and Po' are working on and No doubt Hunter has played for you , right?
Denzel: Yes, Hunter has played for me, and no, Pandora won't say a word about that, it's top secret she told me! River however, has become quite an artist. The 'Picasso' that used to be your glass doors as the proof, he insisted it stay there until you got back to see it, and Chablis-- hey kiddo, come on out of there, you're supposed to be helping my squish those berries! Well, she squished them alright, she came out from under the counter, covered in the strawberries! I tried to keep a straight face, and that worked for about 2 seconds, and then she was in view of her parents, and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.
Eagle : I had to laugh . You would make a wonderful grape squisher for the wine companies Chablis! Mari, do you think it's safe to eat those!
Mari: Uhhhh, one way to find out, come here Chablis. I licked her cheek, and we all were laughing, I don't know about the strawberries, but you sure taste good sweety! I'm going to get a towel to carry her to the bathroom, don't let her run around!
Eagle: That was easy enough for her to say. The minute the words were out of her mouth , Chablis started to run! It was a circus and if I hadn't pulled my fathers stern voice she would still be running! Do you have that towel yet honey?
Mari: Got it! I ran back in with the towel, and carried Chablis away to take a bath and get all the strawberry out of her hair. I was still wondering about the glass doors when I brought Chablis back downstairs, all clean dry, and dressed. I saw it, and nearly collapsed. Go get Daddy Chablis, bring him in here.
Eagle : Denz and I had been eating and visiting when Chablis came in and tugged on my arm." Come daddy my mommy wants you." How could I say no to that? I took her hand and followed. I realized that I was about to see what our little Picasso had done. To say I couldn't believe my eyes, would be putting it mildly!

No comments:

Post a Comment