Saturday, March 27, 2004

Pandora: I guess I had the wrong impression. I was sorry for upsetting Hunter, but angry with mom for what I thought Hunter was going to tell her. The older boys talked, and thought--well I don't want to say what they thought, but I was mad. There was nothing good about being a girl, and I didn't want anything to do with any of it! I tried to leave the house, I just wanted to be left alone; if I talked to mom, I'd have to tell her what I'd heard.
Eagle: I was sitting on the porch trying to work the words I'd written into the music I wanted to use. Panda, I called to her when she came to the door. I'm over here, if your looking for me. I waited for her reply.
Panda: Daddy, can I go to private school? I don't like it at the public school.
Eagle: I patted the spot next to me and Pandora came over and sat beside me. I guessed this wouldn't be a look me in the eye conversation. Private school hummm. Why would you want to go to private school?
Pandora: I just don't want to deal with boys, and what better place to focus on myself and what I want from an education than an all girls school? I hoped that he didn't know there was more to it than this.
Eagle: Well Pandora, you have a legitimate point there but you have very good focus now . I believe you had better tell me the whole truth Panda, so that I can make my decision based on all the facts. So tell me won't you?
Panda: Now I have good focus, but the hormone thing hasn't started yet, and I just think it would be better if I wasn't exposed to it is all. Boys daddy, they talk. And some of the things they say, well; it's just not respectful, and it's just me, none of the other girls. Awful things they say about me, and momma. Please, let me go to private school this year, for my birthday gift? You don't even have to get me anything for Christmas, or my birthday next year even, just let me go somewhere that they don't talk about me like that. Please Daddy?
Eagle: Thank you for being honest with me, now I'll be honest with you. You won't be given an answer today but, you will know before enrollment deadlines, fair enough? I was determined to keep this discussion positive not negative. I wanted Pandora to think positive. To think of what she wanted to accomplish and how best to do it and where? Have you put any thought into where you would like to go to school?
Pandora: Yes, I have. I pulled the pamphlets out of my bag, and handed them over, Greenridge, Carpinali, and Portland. All demanded a high grade point average, and had good business and art departments. I needed a portfolio, and a recommendation. I'd be in my element, and there wouldn't be boys there.
Eagle: Have you talked to anyone else about this Panda? Teachers -your mother -anyone?
Pandora: No. I didn't want mom to go to the school and throw a fit, or to call people's parents or something like that. I don't want her to know about that.
Eagle: Pandora, I don't make these decisions alone. I kissed her forhead. Go now and round up your borthers and sister, it's getting late. We said goodnight to Kari and went home. I would call tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment