Sunday, March 14, 2004

Ell : I did the lost earring trick , couldn't think of anything else. I actually had lost one so it worked out just fine. I couldn't help but smile, every time I thought of her jetting out the door for the truck. When dinner was over I did the dishes while they played in the other room.
Mari: Dad, you left this on the counter. I was holding a small box with a ring in it, and I wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not.
Rudy: Marijuana, keep it down please. What was it about she asked. I was planning to ask her to marry me. Marijuana looked at me, looked at Ell, handed me the box and let us all know dessert would be ready in 10 minutes.
Mari: I got dessert ready while Ell helped with the dishes. So Ell, how are you feeling?

Ell: What? Feeling, I'm fine why? You mean because I haven't asked for a drink yet? I was getting around to it . I thought I would wait until after dinner. Your welcome to open any of the ones we brought back with us if you'd like. They are yours!
Mari: Alrighty! I pulled down the glasses for the Adults, and filled them up for dessert, the wine would go perfectly with it. We took dessert out, and I handed two glasses to my father, one for Ell.
Rudy: I supposed that this was my cue from my daughter that now would be a good time to ask Ell to marry me. I waited for the kids to sit down with their food, and Ell came over to sit near me. I handed over her glass of wine, and oh hell. I got down on one knee and asked her. I had the box open in my hand and everything. Then I waited.
Ell: It was just like the farry tales . Rudy was in front of me on one knee and asking me to marry him. The ring in the box and the whole thing . I could feel the tears on my face but it didn't matter. I found my voice and whispered yes, and kissed him.
Rudy: This was great! I was at a loss as to what I should do next, Marijuana knew what to do, she started with the toasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment