Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Mercedes: What are your plans for today, more station hunting?
BJ: No. I might return Jeff's call. He has the nerve to forgive me for what happened. I haven't heard any apology from him and until I do, I am not speaking to him. I guess I've made up my mind about that, haven't I.
Mercedes: I guess so. I'm thinking I'll buy a puppy today, will you come with me?
A puppy?

Mer: yea, a puppy. It can listen to me babble on about whatever, and wont' tell me I'm crazy, and all that good stuff. Might be a little bit of work, but I am pretty sure that all the benefits will out weigh that part of it.
BJ: Well, if you're sure that is what you want, go ahead. I'll go with you.
Mer: Unless you're allergic, and then I'll just go ahead and forget about the whole thing.
BJ: I don't think I am . Just don't count on me for dog stuff. Any.
Mer: You know what, just forget it. I had suddenly lost my appetite. BJ, look at me, why are you here? I wasn't mad, just frustrated. He didn't love me, so why make such a long run over here? No, I didn't ask him that, and I wasn't harsh or mean, just curious.
BJ: I thought I answered that question earlier Mer. I don't know what drew me here. Since we did that climb, I just start out on my runs and I never know how long they will be or where they will take me. When we got back that day, from the climb, that is where I spent those hours I wasn't sleeping. Just running and I don't know where it was that I ran , just that it was a long ways. I took a transport back. I can't tell you Mer.
Mer: Ok, I stood up, walked over behind him, and kissed his cheek. He had finished eating, so I reached for his plate and placed it on the kitchen counter. Then I pulled his clothes out of the cleaner, and started to get some clothes on. I stopped myself after I got a shirt on, and went back for BJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment