Sunday, March 21, 2004

BJ : A few weeks had gone by now and no call from Keely. I hadn't seen her at the resterant and when I asked they told me that they had let her go. I felt responsible. I would have to wait for her to call me. Would she, I had no idea.
Keely: I finally found another job, and after leaving the interview I had planned to give BJ a call, but I ran into him instead, literally, he was leaving the radio station, and I ran right into him. Oh gosh, I'm sorry! I looked up and there he was.
BJ: That's alright I said to the woman I was holding. When she looked up it was Keely. I've been thinking about you a lot lately I said . I just didn't expect to find you in my arms. Hello.
Keely: This was embarassing! Hi. I didn't think you'd still be in town. I'm really sorry about Caroline, I wish I could say that things like that didn't happen a lot. Can I buy you some coffee or something?
BJ: Yes, I would love some latte if they have any in this town . Do you know of a place?
Keely: There's a place down the street, Chatchki's, we can walk.
BJ: That would be wonderful. I offered her my arm and we headed for Chatchki's. We found a place to sit and when we had our drinks, I told her how sorry I was that I had caused her to lose her job and that I hoped that she had found another. I even offered to pay her rent if that would help her out.
Keely: BJ, please stop. It's not your fault I lost my job. She does stuff like that all the time. I did get a new job, today actually. Right before I slammed into you. We finished our drinks, and I looked at my watch, oh crap. I have to go, umm, I wrote down the phone number on a napkin, this is my number, call me sometime? I had to leave, I was late for an appointment with social services.

No comments:

Post a Comment