Thursday, March 18, 2004

Po'Em : Hello- I called as we approached the door. Marilyn blew past me like a streak and I wondered if I had indeed asked that they stay in the car. Remington was slower and I scooped him up. By then Marilyn was opening the door and taking a huge leap at Marijuana. I just prayed that after she landed everyone would be alright. Well! I'm here is everything copasetic? I have the whole day planned! Marijuana ? I moved Remington from in front of my face in time to see a tangle of bodies on the floor . MARILYN ! What the fff-Heck are you doing , killing her? Marijuana, are you alright?
Mari: I'm OK! No broken bones, you know Marilyn, it's a good thing I'm used to this. I peeled her off of me, and stood up again. Eagle, Po is here! I hope this goes alright, I'm anxious enough about bringing people into the house, but Eagle wants me to choose who to hire.... Chablis came running in, and before we could stop her, she tackled Marilyn. I closed my eyes waiting for either crying or laughing to commence.
Eagle : I came to the rescue, kissing heads and hugging bodies. After a bit of unwinding, I correction we helped pack everyone into the car and P'oEm was gone.
We really hadn't needed all that time I guess. I called Ell, as usual and she took care of the cook screening and had only contenders sent over here for Mari to interview. We had our cook by noon. Ell also took care of reservations. She and Rudy did try to sneak a concert in . I wasn't going for it this time. We would pay for our own vacation , no write off. Low key vacation. Mari and I did our shopping for clothes and the rest. We were packed to go. We spent the rest of your time relaxing together. Just being near each other in the same room , Mari going through her credits for courses and me scribbling down lyrics or notes, was bliss . Not that we didn't miss the children , we did but the change was nice.
When the time came to go to Alaska we went. For the time we would be gone we hired a housekeeper. The turmoil inside of me, us almost ended the trip. We stayed three weeks. With three transport visits home, during that time. They were all during the first week.
Mari: The first week, was not very relaxing. We were stressed about leaving the kids, the house, everything. We made three trips home that first week, and stayed two more weeks actually vacationing.

No comments:

Post a Comment