Saturday, March 27, 2004

BJ: I was on the same schedule as before. We agreed that I would do the celebrity auction for community improvements. That was all, anything else would be negociated. I had no more trouble with my neighbor. She sold me her condo and I had the whole place re-done. Walls torn out, master bath put in. The other kitchen I turned into a bar area. I stocked it with every thing from whiskey to coffee, expresso-latte. All top quality. I now had two full baths and two guest rooms. It should all be done in Aug. until then I would stay with Mercedes. She seemed to like having me about. This Saturday I would spend on the Whale and I asked Mer if she would like to join me.
Mercedes: Are you sure you aren't tired of me yet? If he wasn't, then I'd love to go. If he was just being nice, I'd rather stay home; I completely understood that he didn't want to commit, and spending so much time with me may not be what he had in mind. Either way, I would be happy.
BJ: The smile on my face left as I looked into her eyes. I'm not sure how long I had been looking into those eyes, when I felt her hand on my arm . Tired? I asked, not just yet.
Mer: He looked into my eyes so deeply and so long, I could feel myself blush, I put my hand on his arm, and he finally spoke, only now I was no longer sure of what kind of ground I stood on, was it still the same as it had been, or had something in him changed. I hadn't meant for it to be a serious question, in fact I should have known that if he didn't want me around he wouldn't have asked me to join him. I made arrangements for PJ to be taken care of until we got back.
BJ: We went skeet shooting . Hadn't done it in a long time and I enjoyed myself. I wasn't sure whether Mer did this time. She seemed to be somewhere else. It could be my imagination though, I wasn't sure. When the time came to play I asked Mer if she was going to join this time.
Mer: Sure. We had done the skeet shooting earlier, and now it was time to play poker. I prepared myself mentally for the game, while we walked down to the playing table. Things turned very much in my favor, and instead of losing money, I was winning-a little anyways.
BJ: I stopped playing . Folded, I couldn't concentrate. I let someone else take my seat and watched Mercedes play.
Mer: BJ stopped playing, it was strange to see. I'd never known him to lose his game, no matter what game it was. I played until I started to lose, and relinquished my seat. It seemed that we had both been off in space at some point that day. I took his hand, and we walked.
BJ: We walked, passing places I would have usually stopped at. ���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

No comments:

Post a Comment