Friday, March 19, 2004

Keely: Caroline Pierce, my daughter. Gangs, robberies. She is 14 now, and will not graduate on time because she has been at school maybe half the time she is supposed to be. It frustrates me, and then I pick up the phone, and there's my cousin telling me about how BJ King is seeing Grandma Walker.
BJ came into the restaurant, and sat down at the counter, he still looked the same as he always did; trouble, just like Caroline's father. I went over and introduced myself- the usual Hi, I'm Keely, what can I get for you? I took his order, and then I got a call, it was the police again, Caroline Pierce! What in the name of god has she done now? I'll be down there as soon as I can. I spoke with my manager, and finished filling orders. When BJ's finally came up, I set it down, and excused myself, taking off the apron, grabbing my coat and running out the door once again.
Caroline it turns out had just been caught stealing a car. I had no clue what to do, I spoke with the officers and social workers and whoever else, and dragged my daughter home.

No comments:

Post a Comment