Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Ariana: I had spent a month thinking about what I would do-tell my daughter and grandson, or pretend that the android was Chandler. I had to do something I could no longer leave things the way they were. I would wait until after Christmas, then I would hope that they would forgive me. I would have to run that horrid tape for Aurora at least. Blake should be old enough to see it and I would insist upon it. Sometimes I forgot that children grew up. I was weeping again. What would I do about that android? I would keep him. Yes, I would keep him. On December 28, 2406 I brought together our lawyer, my daughter's family and Eagle and let them watch it, the whole horrid thing. I had our lawyer keep it in a safe place . Should there be any questions, legal questions. I apologized for not telling them sooner and for not wanting to talk about any of it now . I can't was the answer I gave them.
2406 November 23 Chandler Harper died.

I had changed my mind for the fifth time now . I wanted this to be the last time. I took a deep breath and called Rhett . I asked if he would arrange to have chandeliers ashes sent to our daughter and then I asked that he destroy this android - please . I don't know who else to trust to do it I said to him and if it's too much to ask......I'll try to find another way. I will try never to bother you again Rhett. I couldn't say anything else, so I didn't.
Rhett: You must be absolutely sure of this Ariana. Once the android is destroyed, there is no changing your mind. I will do it, and you needn't worry about bothering me. The video didn't tell you that he could be deactivated until a later time, and brought up to date on things from your mind. I'm sure that his appearance could be changed also if you wanted. If in three days, you still want this done, let me know, until then here are the directions for deactivating him.
After talking with Rhett I was again unsure . Three days ! Right this minute I just felt like running away.
Rhett: I called her three days later, and asked her what she had decided to do with it.
Ariana: I've decided to keep it Rhett, but if anything happens to me . I die , I want you to destroy it . You can do that for me can't you? Will you ? Thank you and if I have problems with him will he fix himself?
Rhett: All depends on the problem, if there are any, or you need his appearance fixed, you should see Havana to take care of it, she'll know what to do. As for the destruction upon your death, I can handle that.
Ariana: After he finished , I forgot myself and through my arms around him in a hug and thanked him again. Right after that I remembered myself and apologized backing away from him. Later on, I thought he was probable used to it. I imagined lots of women would like to be in his arms. I thought about the android and changed my mind I couldn't do that! That would be too dangerous! I decided that I was reaching the point where I was vulnerable to most any man who showed me a kindness. I also realized that I would have given myself to Rhett. I had better get over this real quick!
I opened the closet doors. Then sat on our bed, MY bed now, and looked at the android. He didn't look real any more. Rhett had been right about taking the time to decide. This droid could be any man I wanted him to be or thought I wanted him to be. When I was in school Kitt and I went together for a long time. I thought, I used to be such a proper young woman . Used to be! I still was. Look, I told myself , how you just behaved with Rhett ! That was respect! I shouted out loud. I looked at the android once again and wondered who I wanted him to be . Not my husband, I didn't think I had forgiven him yet . I had tried though. I thought about my friends -Kari , I didn't want to think of our loss. Mercedes, she had her love, and I imagined her with him. I looked back to the android sitting on the floor of my closet. All I had to do was activate him and bring him up to date with my mind. That's what Rhett had said. I activated him and brought him up to date with my memories of our love making. He seemed to want more memories of it deeper ones. I could feel them coming to life . I couldn't stop myself . This was like nothing I had ever felt before and I let him touch me and felt myself come alive. It wasn't like Chandler, I hadn't been with anyone else! There was a change in him as my mind had switched gears and then it was all coming back to me my memories, my wants . He was feeding them back to me and I lost myself in him, again and again and again. I lay in the arms of this android, wet with sweat and sex and slept.
When I finally woke he was kissing me. I thought I must have triggered something in the droid. I couldn't stop what I was feeling, what the kisses were doing to me. He never kissed my lips but he didn't have to.
I finally got up and out of bed . The thing was, I didn't know what to do with him. His face would change when he thought I had tired of it. I went to take a shower and he seemed ready to follow, no , I said in a voice I hardly recognized as my own and he stayed where he was. His thoughts however didn't, please stop I whispered and he did. I now had no idea what he was thinking. I dressed and called Kari , I told her -the truth- I'm such a bad lier she would have known. Then I asked if she would like to borrow him.

No comments:

Post a Comment