Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Mercedes: We went to Lacey's lecture, and BJ told me he was the proud owner of the Condo. Congratulations, you moved in yet?
BJ: No, I admitted, well, yes,I changed my answer. Lets just say that my suitcases have because, all I actually own is in them. All three of them.
Right now I told her I was,sleeping in my bag,sleeping bag that is. I had plenty of friends and family offer me things but,I wanted to get my own. I had just been to busy. Had to throw them a party to celebrate ! Family like to be remembered and they like to help. You know how that is. When I finally get everything together I'll have a home warming party, will you come?

Mer: Of course I will, provided that Rudy hasn't signed me up for some non-negotiable engagement. We listened to Lacey and his war-buddies tell their stories, relived experiences through new eyes, I couldn't believe what a wonderful man my nephew had turned out to be, considering all he had been through. After, we visited with Lacey, it had been a long time since I had seen my nephew, and I wasn't sure if BJ had met Lacey or not, I knew they were cousins; but I had never been a huge part of Dionne's family life.

BJ: I listened to Lacey and the others talk and realized how much he had kept to himself. How much all of these people still kept secret from others. I told him that I would be in touch-promise-home warming . BJ, Lacey started to say something to me, then changed his mind and gave me a hug instead . I asked if he would like to have dessert with us. Can't he said as he hugged and kissed Mer. Steph is waiting up.
BJ: I asked Mer if she wanted to go shopping with me tomorrow. We could start with a bed I suggested and waited for her reply.
Mercedes: I still can't believe you don't own any furniture. A bed is a good place to start. What time did you want to go?
BJ: How about when we get up?
Mer: Works just fine for me. Will we be using your sleeping bag, or my bed tonight?
BJ: I don't think you should suffer with the hard wood floor, lets use yours Please!
Mer: I don't know, it's been awhile since I slept on a hard surface, it might be fun... I was joking with him, but he looked at me with such a face, I laughed. It would be a priviledge to have you in my bed, I kissed him.

BJ: We went looking for beds. One wouldn't think it would be such a difficult thing , buying a bed and mattress set. I just couldn't believe the range of choices. I wasn't even sure what size I wanted any more! Maybe a long queen size.

Mer: I suggested we look for a mattress first, he could think about what size while he was testing them out, and then we could look for the frame etc.
BJ: She was right. I didn't bother with what the inside was. We just tried them out. I needed two people to gauge the size I wanted. I don't know what density it is, don't care. I just had to know that it was the queen ex long. For sheets and things. I wanted to quit. Forget the rest of the bed.
Mer: BJ, let's take a lunch break, you look like you could use a rest.

Thank you , oh savior thank you.
BJ: We ate lunch and finished bed shopping. Hoped I would never have to do it again! We picked a few more things out and I called a hault to the whole thing at least until tomorrow-maybe longer. We would find something else to do , maybe a movie. Shite I didn't even have. That's it I said, We'll go to a rental place and get everything else there. Doesn't that sound like a good idea? I hoped she would agree. Then we could see that movie. Or we could go out to see one.
Mer: You know, you'll still have to choose what you want.... but it works for me.
BJ: Yes I told her I knew but, I added,I can keep changing until I find what I want.
Mercedes: We went and rented whatever else it was he needed, and went to his new place to watch the movie. I cuddled up next to him (on the couch/in bed depending on where he put things), and started to watch the movie, I must have been more worn out than I thought, because I fell asleep about 10 minutes into the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment