Tuesday, March 30, 2004

BJ: When do you have to go to work? Is it today? It's going on lunch time-hungry?
Keely: I need to be at the restaurant in 2 hours, and I haven't eaten yet, so I could do with some lunch.
BJ: If you have to change before you go, we could pick-up some salad fixings and I'll put it together while you primp-dress etc. What do you think?
Keely: Great, tell me, where is all this energy coming from anyways?
BJ: We had just reached the grocers and I swung the door open for her. As she passed,I attempted to answered her question about where my energy came from. It's always been here Keely, just not directed towards you. I haven't had my run this morning, not tired form air time or the run back and I'm excited about learning more about dance. It took only a few minutes to get what we wanted and return to the house. Keely opened the door for me, then went to get ready. The salads took only a few minutes and I was sprinkling the dressing over them when Keely reappeared. " Your fork," I said as I handed it to her.
Keely: The salad was delicious, and I thanked him for it before I left for work. I didn't know if he'd be there still when I got home, and I wondered why he was here in the first place. Yes, he was renting a room but why hadn't he just asked gram or one of those other girls to take the classes with him? I wasn't going to ask, but I called to make sure gram was ok before I started work.
BJ: I chose to run. I changed clothes and boots and left. There were a few others I knew running in the park and we ran together making plans to meet later tonight . Gambling, no Jill not tonight. I guess the answer surprised them because they ran in to some other jogers. Later I said and headed in another direction. When I finally got back, I turned on the latte machine and went for my shower. I didn't have to lock my door or even shut it today . I wouldn't take my latte in the bedroom either, I would have it when I was done. I warped my towel around me and sat and drank three cups, slowly as put together tomorrows program. I had no idea when Keely would be back. I figured the next time I saw her It would be just before our dance lesson tomorrow afternoon. I put on a pair of clean shorts,cleaned up the dishes and things from lunch and the few things that were out of place. Not much to do. I tore my room apart. Scrubbing down the walls and painting them. I tossed out all the odds and ends I no longer wanted. When I put it back together it seemed larger, friendlier. I used the transport to take me to my destination with all my old clothes. I donated them to one of those places. I wore my tux with the cuff links Mercedes had given me. I would be the extra man at this dinner. A partner for whatever woman they had invited who was without one. I hoped that who ever she was she was interesting and that she would keep my mind busy.
My mind kept going back to Mercedes and once more I pushed her from my thoughts, or tried to .
The night turned out to be quite nice. The woman was beautiful, intelligent and I was quite taken with her. She seemed a younger version of Mercedes and I would see her again. I might sleep with her. She had pressed me to sleep with her tonight but I hadn't. I removed the cuff links from my shirt and just held them for the longest time then set them in their case. I almost picked up the phone to call, it would be too early. She would be sleeping now. I needed sleep, I took off my clothes and lay on the bed and slept. The next day I met Keely at the dance studio. No belt buckle today I told her. What are you doing after this lesson I asked, another job? I'd like to take you horseback ridding in the park and we can have lunch there too, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment