Friday, March 26, 2004

Ariana: I went to get the droid. He was so much better that the composite I had put together. I thanked Havana again and took him home. Mercedes and BJ were on the boat for the weekend. We hadn't heard from Kari since she had left in a huff four days ago was it now? Yes, Mer had suggested she go to a spa for 3 days and I said she should have something done with her hair. What had she been so upset about. I should get something done with mine too. I needed to change things . Aurora! She wanted to have a memorial service for Chandler soon. Just thinking about it upset me . He had died 7 months ago now and I just wanted to get on with my life. I didn't want to deal with Chandler any more. He had abandoned me and that's what I wanted to do to him! The ringing of the phone interrupted my thoughts. I didn't answer it and the machine kicked in. Chandlers voice filled the air and I cupped my hands over my mouth to stop my scream. I wasn't going to answer, I didn't want anyone to know that I was here. My tears began to flow . I threw myself onto the bed and covered my head with the pillow. Good Lord, I prayed please help me! Later, much later I listened to the message.
Aurora: Mom are you there? I want you to be involved in the plans for the service. Mom? Well call when you get this message. Bye mom.
Ariana: I had no plans to call! I left Chandler's voice to answer for me. If I changed it she would know that I had picked up her message. I couldn't deal with my daughter right now. I would have to leave my home and stay somewhere else. She would be sending Steve over here if she didn't hear from me by tomorrow. I had no intention of being here when he arrived so I packed up some things and Romeo and I transported to a small studio I used when working. Breeze had let me use it. He would always let me know if I was needed somewhere. I thought of Breeze and my tears returned anew. No one would believe that the self-confident photographer, writer Ariana Monroe would fall apart like this. What they didn't know about me could fill a book. I let myself sink into sorrow and self-pity. Then the phone rang and I jumped. I carefully picked up the cabin phone and said hello?

No comments:

Post a Comment