Saturday, March 20, 2004

2406 May 10 I had left Summerset to tour radio stations. I did guest DJ spots. Taking over spots sometimes when the Regular DJ was ill or going on vacation or just as a guest spot. It was fun and I loved being on the road, so to speak. Jeff and I had come to an understanding. I could do this for up to a year then come back and do my regular slot. The arrangement and his apology had swung me for now.
I found myself in Chicago in November. It had started out as a guest spot and then. When the DJ had to have surgery I filled in for a month. During that time I discovered a restraunt and believe it or not someone I knew.
I hadn't recognized her the first time she introduced herself as Keely, my waitress, why should I ? In fact it took me a week. This time I was leaving when a young girl bumped into me. I grabbed her wrist as she tried to relieve me of my wallet. She didn't try to say that she hadn't, the first words out of her mouth were, Your a cop? I told her no but, your about to be in the company of one. I took her to the counter and asked the waitress to call the police for me. That was how I met Keely.
Keely: I saw the police officer come in the door, I had been taking dishes out back when it happened. Officer Peters, what's going on? Caroline! What did you do? I looked over from her, and saw BJ.
BJ : I had to take a really good look at her before I recognized her. Keely ? I asked, and this is your daughter? Officer Peters acted like this was an all to familiar senerio to him . I looked at Keely again and told the officer that I had changed my mind, this time. I had my wallet after all and everything was in it. He had tried to pressure me into making charges against her. I guess he felt she needed trip to jail. Keely, maybe we could talk another time,I really need to go. I wrote my number on the back of my card and handed it to her, bye Caroline. I had cut it really close. The cue light had started blinking as I grabbed the mic and started my intro.
Keely: I looked down at the card, and indeed it was BJ King. Caroline, I'm going to be taking some drastic measures beginning this summer. I've been saving up some money, and you will be going to boot camp-- you know, the kind of thing where you go live on a ranch and WORK! Maybe you'll learn something for a change.
Caroline: MOM, get a life! I'm not going anywhere this summer, and you know it. Mom obviously was just making more threats, she didn't have any money.
Keely: I had a life, before you started with those thugs you call friends! I lost my job that day, the police had come to my workplace to deal with my child. I started a job search, there wouldn't be time to call BJ, this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment