Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Eagle : I had never seen Ell with a hair out of place, not even a wrinkle in her clothes. She had always looked good but, she looked so much more youthful in her disarray. I could actually picture her putting herself together. I had a before and after vision now.
Rudy: Ell was always beautiful, even waking up from a hangover. I wondered about what had happened last night, to cause her passing out here.

Eagle: One of the children asked if she was playing peek a boo. Mari told them no and shooed them away. I decided to go with the kids. It didn't look like she wanted to see me!

Ell: Mari are they all gone now, I asked, taking the covers off . Then I apologized for scareing everyone this morning. I sat on the edge of the bed. I can't go anywhere looking like this, how did I get here?

Marijuana: You came over last night to see the new studio we built, and listen to Eagle's newest stuff, and he said you fell asleep on the couch down there. Dad came over and helped Eagle get you into a bed. You can help yourself to my closet, and anything else you need to get dolled up before you greet the world properly. I showed her to my closet, and we found her some clothes and whatever else.

Ell : You don't like me much, do you Marijuana ? I'm sorry, did you say Rudy was here? He must be worried sick; I should have called. If you could just get me an iron I'll be fine. I pulled my emotional self back together fixed my hair and make-up.

Mari: Ell, that is nowhere near the truth. You've always been there when I needed you, and my dad seems to be extra fond of you, I just wish you would relax once in awhile.

Ell: I'm always working, I never took time to do or be anything but " the Agent" well not until your dad that is, and not all that often with him either. I'm surprised he is, that we are still together. I think that I love him but don't you dare tell him that . If he wants to walk away from me I don't want him worrying about that! The thing is Mari, I haven't been in the house since before Even died. Evidently his family want things and my lawyer says I should try to comply. I'm afraid of what I might find. I don't want to ask Rudy to go with me but, I don't want to go alone. Now, after this stunt I've just pulled they have to know. I could use a drink! You know -one of those orange juice and champaine things people have with brunch.

Mari: No drinks Ell, I'll go with you, and I won't say anything to dad about you know what.

Ell: Thanks. All right, bring on the casual clothes I'll give them a try. You choose though, I don't trust myself with the choice and I won't trade in my heels Mari, I'm too short without them. I need those three inches.

Mari: I pulled out the casual clothes, and we found something that would work with her heels, her feet weren't the same size as mine anyways. There you go, ready for breakfast?

Ell: Yep! Oh wait! I took the pins out of my hair and let it fall down my back I resisted the temptation to brush it, just running my fingers through. How is that I asked? Down stairs at breakfast I told them what I had been dreading--The house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment