Monday, March 29, 2004

Keely: Well, she hates it. Horses, cleaning, and cows aren't her favorite things, They're on a cattle drive or something like that now, supposed to be back at the ranch from that next week.
BJ: She doesn't like any part of it at all? Maybe she'd like a trip on the Whale?
A little gambling, swimming pool . She could even shoot skeet. Maybe I'll teach her how to shoot! Do you think she would be interested?
Keely: I'm sure she would be, but I don't think that's going to happen BJ. In fact, it won't happen, not until she can get her grades up, anyways.
BJ: Are you saying that you would let her come with me? That is very interesting. When did you decide that you could trust me? Oh, yes, I have one more question for you. I would like it if you would be my partner -my dance lessons partner that is. Do you think you could manage it? I know you have a lot going on just on normal days but, it won't cost you a thing, it would help me and it couldn't hurt you I don't think. I let her think about it and started eating my food. I had forgotten how good the food here was.
Keely: Well, I guess it mostly depends on when the classes are.... I picked up a couple extra jobs while Caroline is away. What kind of dance lessons are you going to be taking?
BJ: Time doesn't matter they will work around whatever I need. Kind- Oh you know Tango -Salsa -all the sexy ones. Are you up for it?
Keely: I suppose so, no reason not to.
BJ: Great! Just let me know when you can do it and leave the rest to me.
By the way, what happened with that guy you met around Christmas- time? Are you still seeing each other? Or was he a cad?
Keely: Oh god, he was not my type of guy, and we'll leave it at that. I've got Monday afternoons, and Sunday mornings off. I've been thinking that there are one or two worthwhile down at the docks, but getting them away from their boats is something that may require more work than I have time!
BJ: Keely, a little advice, if you don't love boats forget the guys down at the docks. A man or woman and her boat are seldom parted. Monday afternoons and Sunday mornings are wonderful times! We seem to be done, so let's take a ourselves there and work things out. I helped her up and left the money for our meal and tip on the table. Rafe, the instructor, said that either day would be fine. I turned to Keely and asked -both days then? And can we start today? I asked him? Yes, if that what you would like he told us. Well, what do you think Keely?
Keely: I couldn't believe this! It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I heard myself saying 'Yea, okay.'
BJ: I had expected more resistance, so when I heard her say Yea, okay, I was pleasantly surprised . There were three other couples there when Rafe led us into the room we would be using. He put us all through our paces to see exactly how much we knew. I was surprised at how much I didn't know about dancing. We would learn. That's why we were all here. The time was up before I realized . I felt stiff and awkward when I watched Rafe dancing with a partner and I wondered if I would ever be that relaxed. I also thought that maybe Keely would catch on faster than I. Would you like to just do Sundays I asked her or Monday afternoons too?
Keely: It looks like we could use the extra time, unless you're scared? I'm joking, I'm fine with both, and you'll never get better if you don't work at it.
BJ: You are right and I'm very fond of challenges.
Keely: I noticed that the other women were wearing heels, and thought that I'd bring some with me on monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment