Monday, March 15, 2004

BJ: The next morning I made the rounds in and around Summerset. Up to 70 miles away. There were perhaps two I was interested in. When I got home I listened to my messages . There were quite a few. Word had gotten out that I was looking. Jeff wanted me to call -all was forgiven- . Forgiven ? I hadn't done any forgiving! If he wanted me back he would have to do a lot better than that.
I called Hennesy to make sure the game was still on for this weekend. I had to leave a message. That was strange, someone always answered. I'd call again tomorrow if he didn't call back or I didn't hear from someone . I took a long shower and laid down on the bed falling asleep.

It was Wednesday. I went out for my usual run and then my workout. When I arrived back home, I ate, then worked out what I would take care of today. I took care of what I could, it was still early and many places weren't open yet. I went down to Calabrese's and told Anna I was canceling my meat order. I told her I was going to try vegetables instead. She looked truly sad for me . She shook her head and stamped Canceled on a page next to my name. I left quickly, I didn't want to hear the pro-meat lecture that I was sure she would soon be giving me. I stopped by my neighbors and asked it they would like my paper . I didn't want to cancel because I only had a few more coming. She agreed to take the paper for me . She invited me in for coffee and I accepted. We talked quite a while about the condo and she agreed to pick-up my mail and anything else that came for me while I was gone. I would let her know when I was leaving. She invited me to dinner that night and I let her know that I wasn't sure about me plans. Just drop in if you can, she added as I left. I called the Whale again . The game was still on the voice told me and I rang off. Later I did stop in for dinner with my neighbor.
Thursday I followed my morning routine the run part . I ran as far as Mer's place, not a short run,that was for sure. She wasn't there. I was about to leave when I remembered I had a key. I used it. I called her name as I came in, still no answer. I locked the door behind me and headed for the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment