Wednesday, March 10, 2004

BJ: I had an appointment to see a loft with my realtor, again maybe we would get there this time. I caught the post-person, as she was coming up the walk and she handed me my mail. I shuffled through and saw that mercedes had sent me something. Yes, I recognized her hand writing. I toss the rest on the counter and opened it. She was thanking me for the weekend and inviting me to....a lecture? I remembered an earlier conversation we had . I decided to accept. I picked up my pen, instead of the phone and wrote my reply. My dear Mercedes, I should indeed be interested in a lecture, no matter the topic. I gladly except your invitation. Please let me know more about the time and details . I thank you for sharing every thing with me last weekend. Until I see you again, I remain yours,....... Boyd James Then I kissed the paper. The impression of my lips was there-must be the lip balm. I thought about redoing it and rejected the idea. I would just leave it.
By this time my realtor had arrived and we left to see this -amazing-his words - loft! I dropped the note in the mailbox on the corner and we were off.
BJ: The loft . It seemed huge there were so many possibilities. What couldn't you do with a huge open area? The view magnificent . I told the realtor I would like to see a few more places , this would take more work that I was ready handle. He said fine and that he would give me a call, which is when I asked about the condo he was also going to show me today . OH , I couldn't get you in. I said thanks, don't bother to call, I will get another realtor! I walked away from him. I could hear the protests but kept walking, right into another realtor as a matter of fact. She had just been showing another couple a place there.

Anyway, at the end of the day, there were 3 that I wanted to think about. I decided see if Mer would give me her opinion and called
Mer: Where shall I meet you? Name it, and I can be there in about half an hour.

BJ: She had agreed! wonders of wonders. I told her to meet me at the park near Calabrese's and rung off.
Bj: The condo I wanted to show her was across from the park. The quiet side, near the water. I wouldn't have to worry about the yard work or outside repairs. It was open plan the rooms flowed together and the bedrooms two, were separated by a connecting bath. The kitchen was brand new and roomy.

The second one was the house it had 3 bedrooms and two baths . The kitchen and dining area were together and each of the other three rooms were separate from each other. I would have to take care of everything.
The house was in the middle of a block, not far from a market etc.

The third was the open loft I would need to design everything.
When we had finished looking at all of them I asked her opinion.

Mercedes: I'd have to say that the Condo seems to be the option that best suits you. A loft could be a lot of fun too, if you have an idea. I tried to remember why Clay and I had bought a house, ah yes, the kids.
BJ: We went back and took one last look at it. How do you like it I asked.
Mer: If I didn't already have a house, I'd buy this one. The bigger question is do you absolutely love the place?
BJ: Yes, I think I do love it. I like that the bedrooms are separate and I could always turn the connecting bath and the other room into a closet dressing room/ shower- bath/steamroom -hot tub . The 8 burner stove with double ovens and all stainless steel appliances I love. The counter top yea I really do like this place . There is only one draw back. Your grandson"s at the other end of my street. I can live with that though.

Mer: I couldn't help but smile. There may be one other problem.... Getting me to leave!
BJ: At this very minute, I don't see that as a problem. It's not mine yet and if I wait much longer it might never be . I think I'll give them what they are asking . After I take care of this business would you like to eat with me?
Mer: Of course I would. BJ took care of business, and I wandered about the kitchen, This was perfect. I went outside, and looked around some more.

BJ: I signed the papers for the offer and began the wait. I found Mercedes outside and we walked around. Getting a feel for the neighborhood. Then we went to my place. I grilled the steaks and she did the rest.

Mer: Maybe there was a reason people went out to eat, distractions. Distraction from watching your dining partner eat, and from all that went with it. We discussed our choice of lectures, since he had already gotten the fliers I sent, We finished eating, and cleaned up the dirty dishes. Now what?
BJ: I began to wonder just what life would be like, living with her and how it would change mine. We didn't indulge in sex that night. We snuggled on the sofa and talked about what I would need if I did get the condo. I let her know that I was leaning toward the war lecture. Not because it was war but because I had always wondered about the hidden facts of it.

BJ: It was maybe a week later when my new realitor called and I held my breath while she told me that they DID accept my offer! They wanted to close the next day. They were being transfered and had to go. No problem , I told them , as long as everything was in order. I called my parents and asked about a lawyer. They pointed me in the right direction and by Friday I was the owner of my very own condo. There was commet number one !I thought about just going to Mercedes and changed my mind. I couldn't do that. Instead I celibrated with my sister and family. Mom and Dad, Grandpa and Grandma Cash-Patrick and Loran, that is , what the hell same thing. I took everyone out to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment