Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Kari: I went over to see Eagle and Mari and the kids the next day as planned. I had forgotten how much a child can grow in a month!
Eagle: I was her pull up and get out of the car. I ran out to greet her. Hello stranger I said as I pulled her into a hug. Finally decided to show up again? Gosh, it is good to see you. Come on in, the kids will go nuts. She didn't get as far as the door before they rushed her.
Kari: It was wonderful, the kids were so excited. After a while, my novelty wore off, and the kids went about doing their own thing again. I sat down with Eagle, and we talked.
Eagle: Kari, I know it's none of my business but what's happening with you? Are you seeing anyone -special. I know that you loved my dad, Kari but , he isn't here and he wouldn't want you to be alone. Denz and I are concerned because you seem to be just giving up on life. Are we wrong ? Please don't take offense, it's because we love you.
Kari: I'm not giving up on life, in fact it seems Mercedes and Ariana and I will be doing some work with a personal trainer starting next week. I'm not interested in seeing anyone special, I just can't. The whole idea of dating and all that garbage makes me tired. I've been learning to quilt, and if I do say so myself, I think I've gotten pretty good at it. I've got enough quilts now to last the kids a lifetime, and if Denzel ever decides to settle down and have his own, I'll make some more for him.
Eagle: That is a very interesting development. Have you checked with your doctors. Maybe Denz and I should join you, what do you think, or is it a women only thing? Ok, I can see that we would not be welcome. Are you planning to give the quilts for Christmas gifts? Mari and I could use one if you are trying to think of something to get us. Hint hint.
Kari: I wasn't planning to wait that long! I brought them with me. I have gifts in mind for Christmas already anyways. Help me get the quilts out of the car? There's one for everybody, shouldn't be hard to tell which is for who.
Eagle: It would be my pleasure. We brought them in, had just set them down when Marijuana announced that Dinner was served. We ate and later the children got excited about the comforters. They argued a little about who got which, kissed and hugged their grandmother with thank you's . With a nod from Meri they took them up to their rooms. When they came back, Hunter had his guitar with him. Pandora went and got mine and Hunter and I played for Kari . She didn't know that he had learned. Hunter played a solo for her.
Kari: That was wonderful! Hunter had become quite an accomplished guitar player in the past month.

Hunter: It's been much longer than a month Grams, I just didn't want to play for you until I was good. You really think it was wonderful?
Eagle: Hunter! I cautioned my son.
Kari: Yes, it was Hunter, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment