Thursday, March 25, 2004

BJ: Mr. Pen turned and noded at us and waved. I put my arm around Mer's shoulders and we walked. I am sorry for behaving like a total nut case. Forgive me? May I bunk with you?
Mer: Of course I forgive you. You may bunk with me for as long as you so desire. When we arrived at my place, the dog sitter had just finished walking PJ, and I let her leave. (not finished but add more if you want ma)
BJ: For as long as I so desire? Well that will take some thinking about Mer.
I chuckled and put my things where instructed. I had just run out of steam. I sat in one of the comfortable chairs she had in the living area and PJ curled up at my feet. The phrase man and his dog ran through my mind. I thought about my life in Chicago, I missed it. I had given Keely rent for the whole year before I left . She wouldn't have to rent the place and I might want to go back sometime. I had really liked the station and the people there. I would miss Caroline"s continued efforts to leave me with cold showers and I'd miss Keely too. Mer was here though, just a few steps away.
Mer: I entered the living area, and saw that PJ had indeed layed down at his feet. She had already commandeered one of his old T-shirts for her bed, when I first got her. I smiled, and asked BJ if he'd like some slippers and a newspaper? I sat next to PJ on the floor, facing the two of them and put my hand on BJs leg, what are you pondering?
BJ: I'm pondering the universe and all that is in it. Nither thank you, to the newspaper and the slippers. I was thinking about Chicago-and everyone.
I was growing quite fond of your grand daughters. They are probably glad to be rid of me and my latte. Why, what are you pondering?
Mer: I was just thinking how handsome you look in that chair, and about whether we should watch a movie or not.
BJ: If you want we can watch a movie . I promise to try and stay awake and you can poke me if I snore . Which one is it?
Mer: It's supposed to be funny, can't remember the name of it. I have yet to hear you snore, I put PJ to bed, and returned to the floor in front of BJ to watch the movie, I hoped it would be funny, but I doubted it. BJ started to fall asleep, and before he did, I helped him get into bed. The next morning, it was time to meet the girls and work out.
BJ: Mer had let me sleep in. I took my shower, pulled on my shorts a sleeveless shirt and went for my run and at the end of it would be my latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment