Monday, March 29, 2004

Marijuana: Hi Po' what's going on?
Po': Hi there! I'm just having a bit of trouble with transportation. I don't have any. Hennesy had to go to the Whale and I need you to deliver them, the children to me. It won't be a problem will it? Blake is going to pick them up from here for the circus, but do you want us to keep them over night? It won't be a problem if you do. We are going to the circus too and we could all have dinner together. Never mind that though, nothing for you to worry about. Have you two decided where your going? Okay, I'm chattering aren't I. Sorry Mari. Can you bring them?
Mari: Hang on a sec, Eagle? Can we drop the kids off with Po'? Oh, she says the kids can stay over there tonight? Eagle?
Eagle: We can do that I said as I reached the doorway. The next 45 minutes were filled with scrambling to get overnight packs filled . We finally deposited them with Po. Then to somewhere we could sit and talk. I spotted an outdoor cafe. We ordered drinks and after we had taken a few minutes to relax with them I told her that Panda wanted to go to a private girls school. Then I told her the reasons I'd been given. And waited for her to explode. I had told her everything.
Mari: Who are those boys Eagle? I had every intention of tracking down their parents, and killing them. Not literally, but I had been 14, and now those losers were making my child's life difficult using their children. Who are they Eagle?
Eagle: Mari, She didn't want me to tell you. She doesn't want you or I to do anything except get her out! I did tell her that I didn't make these decisions alone though. She has a list of schools she has looked into, and knows what It will take to get in. If you do what your thinking of doing it will blow up in Panda's face Marijuana, are you listening to me!? I was trying to stay calm.
Mari: I'm listening. This whole mess was my fault. I can't just do nothing, and doesn't she know that girls can be even more nasty than boys?
Eagle: They can be and I'm sure she knows that. As for you, and it being your fault. Sweetheart it was a long time ago and that little girl is all grown up. If you hadn't married me or some other highly visible man, people wouldn't be talking at all. If you want to look at it that way, I'm just as responsible, maybe more so than you.
Mari: Eagle, I love you so much. What should we do?
Eagle: I would like to have them charged with harassment but I don't want Pandora's face all over the papers. We could let her go. There is no reason for there to be trouble at the private school. If there is we'll take steps and Pandora will hopefully be old enough to accept who she is and who her parents are. Or we could make her face it now. I'm not sure which is best, but I'm her father and I want to protect her as long as I can. Mari, if she goes to school with other girls of parents like us she might not have as much trouble. I don't know. We could check out the schools and pick the one we feel is best. Pandora won't care as long as it isn't here. Now that I've put all of my thoughts into words, I can think of one more choice -homeschooling.
I love you Mari. Breeze made me face it.
Mari: I suppose we should start by looking at the schools she has picked out, and go from there. But she didn't give us much time, she may need to wait for the second semester to go....
Eagle: No Mari I told her she wouldn't have to wait. We could take her with us and visit them.
Mari: Eagle, it's nearly July, even if she comes with us, she still needs to apply, and do interviews, and all that garbage.
Eagle: It won't be a problem Mari. Take my word for it . What good is being famous and knowing people if once in a great while you can't ask a favor or two?
Mari: Eagle, sweetie. If she's going to go to one of those schools, she should get in because she belongs there, not because of her parents. If you want to ask them to rush things, that's fine. But I will not let you influence whether or not they let her in. That could be nearly as damaging to her as what's going on now, and we don't want that do we?
Eagle: I was only going to ask that they rush it through Mari. What kind of a man do you think you married? No don't answer that. I've been known to change my stripes. So have we decided to let her go? She's my baby Mari.......
Mari: She's our baby Eagle..... I don't know that we've decided anything, beyond looking that is.
Eagle: Alright, let's leave this subject and decide where you and I are going for 2 weeks, shall we. It's your turn to give me a couple of choices. So let's hear what they are?
Mari: I'm thinking we can go to Jamaica, Maine, or Brazil?
Eagle: Brazil I haven't been there in a long time.
Mari: Ok, that'll be great. Honey, is there somewhere you haven't been?
Eagle: No. Breeze traveled a lot and except for the time we have been married so did I. Disappointed?
Mari: Just a little, tiny bit. What are we doing tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment