Sunday, March 21, 2004

BJ: She rushed out the door and was gone. Three days later I called and I asked Keely if she knew of a place I could rent, since I would be here much
longer than I had planned to be. The Hotel I was staying in was nice but I wanted something more personal, more home like. Even if it was just a room with kitchen privilages it would be better than where I was now. I could afford up to a couple thousand a month. Could she help me? I had another problem, I wouldn't be going home, couldn't, I would have to work part of the day. Could I take them all, her husband too,out to dinner for thanksgiving? It would be a thank you for introducing me to Chatchki's. Please say yes.
Keely: Let me look around, there should be something! Caroline and I would really enjoy having someone to eat Thanksgiving dinner with, but there is no husband, it's just the two of us.
BJ: When she asked me to let her look around I told her no, she had enough to worry about, I didn't want to add to it. I would find something. I would arrange for the three of us to have Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel. They have very good food . I asked if there were someone else she would like to invite? The more the merrier. They,the hotel just required 3 days notice. I told her that I wasn't sure, but maybe some of my family would try to surprise me. I told her where and when she could find me if she wanted to just talk sometime, besides the phone I added, and rang off.
Keely: I got off the phone with BJ, and mom called. I had the lecture of a lifetime, and managed to get off the phone without giving her any inside info on Caroline, I didn't want my family to know about what was going on, they would butt in, and that would be the most degrading moment ever. I didn't want my family to bail me out of my problems. Grams would be coming for Christmas, some benefit concert or something. Thanksgiving dinner with BJ went fairly well in that Caroline had the sense to stay out of other people's pockets! I asked him how long he would be in Chicago for. My reasoning was that the woman who had been renting the extra room from me had just told me she'd be spending the rest of the winter in Florida.

BJ: I've decided to stay until the end of May-begining of June. Have you heard of a place already? Tell me about it.
Keely: Well, I've been renting out an extra room to this woman, and she'll be moving to Florida at the end of this week. If you're interested, or one of the women I work with is looking to rent out the second unit in her duplex.
BJ: I thought about this a duplex would be nice and I could have whom ever I wanted there. On the other hand there was Keely-she needed the extra money. I didn't think she could afford to have that room empty. Why did I always do these things. Because I cared. I'll take the room Keely, what are the house rules?
Keely: Not too many really, clean up after yourself, keep the noise down after 11, and that's about it. BJ, don't take it because you feel bad about my situation. I strongly suggest that you look at the duplex, and there are a number of good reasons for that.
BJ: So I am welcome to use the kitchen =bath share, I gather or is there more than one? and what are the good reasons? Why should I feel bad?
Keely: There are two bathrooms, Caroline and myself share one, and the other is yours. You'll have two keys, one for your room, and one for the house. We don't eat at home a lot, so you can use whatever space is there. Umm, not much else to it, Grandma Walker is coming for Christmas, just so you know ahead of time. I was unsure exactly what kind of relationship they had had going, and he should know anyways if he was going to be living in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment