Friday, April 02, 2004

Russ: I told the girls we would be a while and then helped Mer up . When we were inside I picked her up and carried her to one of the bedrooms on the second floor and left her to undress. I gave her one of my shirts to slip on. While she did that I took time to pray. I went back to her and did my exam . Mer was crying softly. I took her hands away from her face and kissed her tears away. Mer, do you need help getting dressed I asked? If not, I'll be back in half an hour. Will you be alright?
Mer: I'm okay.
Russ: I mixed it together and hoped it would be the right mix for this situation, I knew it should be . You never knew though sometimes. I took it up to her and told her to drink it all. She needn't gulp it down but she did have to finish it all.
Mer: I drank the concoction, all of it. How long before it starts to work, if it works?
Russ: When you wake up we'll see . She didn't want to lay down or sleep . She wanted to go home. Not happening I told her . Have Ariana or Kari take PJ for a few days, you'll be here. If you don't want Dionne to see you I'll put you in the guest house. You better tell me you'll be sleeping soon.
Mer: I'll take the guest house. I didn't want the kids or Dionne to see me like this.
Russ: I knew this woman so well. I carried Mercedes down and made her comfortable in the guest house and locked the door as I left. I told Ariana and Kari that Mer would be staying here for a few days and asked that they take care of the dog -PJ.
Ariana: She'll be alright won't she Russ? We really didn't know what else to do and... I left my sentence unfinished .
Russ: It's alright . I just don't want the world at my door. I'll call when she is ready to go home alright? Kari, are you ? Are the two of you alright!
Kari: What? What did I miss?
Russ: I know that the two have been having a hard time lately and I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Are you?
Ariana: I..I'm getting better thanks.
Kari: I thought he had been talking about something else, and was about to go postal on the over-priced spa I had gone to. Yes, I'm fine. Sorting through things is really helping me get things straightened out.
Russ: Yes, I think that I will start going through my own things. Tell me, what's been the most dificult thing for you to handle?
Kari: Forgiving him for leaving me here. He said he'd never leave me behind, and he did... and without instructions, he thought he'd live forever.
Russ : I listened to her telling me things I should have known. Yes, Breeze and I both thought we would live forever. I had never promised not to leave Dionne' I knew better than that. I did other stupid things though. I looked at Ariana and she just nodded. I guess I have somethings to take care of myself I said. I saw them out. I'll keep in touch I told them. I went back to Mercedes after changing clothes and sat in the big chair near the window. I knew that Dionne and the girls wouldn't be back for a week, so we had that much time and if Mer needed more her place would do. I picked up the pad and pen from a near by table and began to make notes about what Dionne' would need to know if something did happen to me. The list was getting to be very long.
It took two weeks before I was satisfied that she would be alright and one more before I felt she could manage with just the over the counter method. I had refused to let her do much of anything during that time. No appearances , no singing and no sex. I kept Ariana and Kari informed but away until the third week. PJ returned after the first week. When it was all over I needed a rest .

No comments:

Post a Comment