Saturday, April 10, 2004

Bj: We pulled ourselves together and said good bye to Ceili and the others and went back to Keely's. Shower I asked? Afterward we slept. The next day was her day to relax.
Keely: In the morning, I called the bank to see what my balance was. There was too much money there! Gram had called and left me a message--she was going to be supporting me and Caroline, I needed to find myself something less menial than waiting tables she said. Once I had gotten settled into a position that would support us comfortably, she would stop putting money in my account.
Mercedes: The idea was that Keely shouldn't be living this way. All the other grandchildren were established, and taking care of themselves, and I had more than enough money; Keely may as well have some of it.
Keely: Later in the afternoon, I got the package she sent, all sorts of information about schools, jobs, etc. I couldn't look at this stuff now, I tossed it on the counter and went about practicing my 'chef' skills.
BJ: I'd let her just have her morning to herself, she had things to do and I went to the radio station and visited,off air. Then I took the familiar run back to the house. It was hot my clothes were hanging on my body. When I opened the door the steamy aroma of food cooking came rushing out. My dry mouth started to water-water, yes I needed water. She was cooking alright. I took a glass down and helped myself to a cool drink.
Keely: I was watching the stew simmer, and sifting through the papers gram Mercedes had sent, and tossing them one by one into the garbage when BJ got home. Then I found the appointment book, in which my grandmother had set up a loose schedule of interviews for new jobs. Well, not loose but spaced out. I tried calling her back, and yelling at her, but she wasn't home and wasn't answering her cellular either.
BJ: I watched as she tossed broshures into the trash, then picked up the phone . She didn't look like a happy camper as she punched in a new set of numbers. I was begining to shiver now, so I went into take my shower and dress. I put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. When I came out Keely was standing over the stew and tapping her foot. I sat at the counter and asked what was wrong?
Keely: Gram is trying to take over my life, she's set up about a thousand job interviews and she won't answer her phone.
BJ: Is there anyway she could tell that it was you ? Never mind, ofcourse there is, I told her, that's why she won't answer. She wants you to think about it a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment