Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Kari: So being a barbecue, and a very hot day, I decided we could still sit in the pool and watch the people show up. After all, we're old women, no matter what we are willing to admit! We sat in the water, and gabbed about who we thought might have been invited. I'm sure they've sent every man they could find! Whom do you two think will show?
Mercedes: Who could they invite that we don't already know?
Kari: I have no idea, what do you think Ariana?
Ariana: I think you should have let me bring Romeo! There must be some people here that we don't know. To tell the truth I never bothered to get to know most of them unless it was business . Why would I Chandler was everything to me. OH no, I added aloud not now. I don't want to think about him now! I just want him to go away! I splashed water on my face and looked from Mer to Kari and said in a ragged voice, I'll be alright just give me a minute.
Kari: Perhaps we should exit the pool, the guests are arriving....
Ariana: Sounds like a great idea to me, I said as I climbed out and started walking towards the house- Coming I asked?
Kari: Yea, I'm coming I'm coming!
Ariana: I wore a mid length demin skirt,camisole-under a white delicately embroidered featherweight gossamer rayon shirt and boots. A touch here and there of make-up and a shake of my head and I was ready to go. Mer have you seen my necklace? Kari, it's just a chain with a small camera charm on it. I paused in my search. The two of you are looking mighty good. If you'll just hold still,okay, got you, my camera works! Perhaps this will be fun after all.
Kari: Leather mini, I laughed. No, not today. I grabbed the denim one instead, and a sleeveless tank top. Then the charm bracelet, I'm all set after makeup!
Mercedes: I just bought all these new clothes, things are over with BJ, and I have suddenly lost all idea of what to wear.
Ariana: My necklace ? anyone? Wait , did you say over and BJ in the same sentence? Mer, are you alright? When did all this happen? Kari, there's the necklace, would you hand it to me please?
Kari: Here it is hon, exactly what I was thinking... What happened?
Mer: It was just time, really. I was having dreams of him and Keely together, and if we're not together, it doesn't matter who he's sleeping with. Not like he loved me anyhow. Come on guys, I brought my whole closet with me, help me out here?
Ariana: What about the red denim sleeveless dress. If you get cold you can add a sweater or one of your jackets. Yes - no? What do you think Kari ? You could always do pants or shorts? Am I not helping?
Kari: No, you aren't helping Ariana. Mercedes wear the purple sundress, and that's the final decision.
Ariana: Okay, that will work. I clicked off a few more pictures. Now what, I said as I wandered to a window where I could get a good look at the people arriving, and clicked some more. Kari, your going to be late to your own party! Shouldn't you be down there with Denzel and Eagle greeting your guests?
Kari: I suppose, but at the same time, I have no idea what to do!!!! Well, now that Mer is dressed, lets get a move on. We made our way back downstairs, and I greeted Eagle and Denzel with hugs. Hello boys.
Eagle: Hi mom. Your looking good! Ladies , the two of you are looking good too.
Kari: Thank you very much.
Denz: Mom, ladies, shall I take you to the party and start introducing everyone?
Mercedes: Why certainly, come on Ariana, Kari.
Ariana: I followed the four of them with my camara. I'm right behind you I called to them, keep going. We met quite a few men that day. I thought there were maybe three that Kari had any intrest in at all . Mercedes would pull out her diva self every now and then but, that is who she was MERCEDES. Bees to honey I thought to myself. Me? Well I wasn't ready for any of this. I was here for support only. I used my camara as a shield and did my best to blend into the scenery. Plan 2, if plan 1 didn't work was to talk about my husband. I'd been told that was not something you should do. Plan 3 get drunk and thow-up! The throwing up part was very important, men didn't like you to get sick around them. I enjoyed myself, the food was good and music also and I began to think I wouldn't have to worry about any plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment