Friday, April 02, 2004

Pandora: I wrote my essays, finished putting my portfolio together, and filled out the applications. Then, I got all of my recommendations to send in. It took me a week or so, but I got it done and called my parents in to make sure everything would meet the requirements. When will we be going to check them out?
Eagle: After your mother and I get back from Brazil. We will be gone for two weeks. In that time the schools will have had time to consider.
Panda: Okay, where am I staying while you and mom are in Brazil, and how come we never get to go to cool places?
Eagle: You and Hunter will be going to camp and River and Chablis will be spending one week each with Rudy and Ell and Po' and Hennesy. You all get to go to quite a few places, so I don't know what you mean.
Panda: I gave dad a big hug and a kiss. Wait, camp? Which camp?
Eagle: I pulled her over to me and sat her on my lap. Clown camp!
Hunter: Did I hear someone say Clown camp? Who's going to Clown Camp?
Pandora: I'm hoping it's a bad joke, otherwise he's talking about you and me.
Chablis: I wanna go to clown camp!!! I wanna go Daddy!
River: Clown camp ? I want to stay with Uncle Denz. I don't have to go to Clown camp do I?
Eagle: This was getting way out of control ! Children ? I said in my everyday volume . The only ones going are Hunter and Pandora. Chablis and River are too young. Uncle Denz is not available. Chablis and River will be going to Po' one week and Grampa Rudy the next. That is how it is going to be. If you would like to make arrangements for the next time We go away we can discuss them later please submit it in writing.
Pandora: Just tell me you aren't serious-- you and mom wouldn't send Hunter and I to clown camp would you?
Eagle : Yes, we would. Wouldn't we Mari.
Mari: It's clown camp Panda, Hunter. Enjoy yourselves.
Hunter: YES!!!!!! When do we leave ? I can pack fast.
Pandora: My jaw dropped to the floor, what??!!! Isn't there an alternate option for those of us who hate clowns? Like say ME!
Eagle: No. The end Pandora.
Pandora: I had no intention of going to that camp. If they got me there, they couldn't make me stay. I slammed the door to my room and threw my bag on the bed. I packed up a few things, only to be told by mom that I wasn't allowed to take those things with me, and handed me a list of what to pack. I tore it to shreds, and thought what to do next. I couldn't do anything, if I didn't go, or if I wasn't good I wouldn't get to go to the private school.

No comments:

Post a Comment