Saturday, April 03, 2004

Eagle: I held Mari close to me and wished we could stay longer. I didn't want to think about anything else but us. The time was coming to an end now and thoughts of what we would need to do when we returned started to poke themselves into my pleasure, no matter how hard I tried to push them back. Mari, I had almost told her that I was going to put my will together. That would have been a mistake. I didn't want her to start worrying about that -not now. Instead I pulled her down onto the blanket and we watched the stars for awhile-then back to the house we had rented.
Marijuana: Brazil, what a beautiful place it was. We didn't want to leave, but we had so many things waiting for us at home. When we did return home, chaos once again took over. Hunter was busting with stories from camp, Chablis and River were their normal selves, and Pandora was surprisingly not miserable with us for sending her.
Eagle: We decided to go as a family to visit the schools. All of us would go to the interview and only one would actually stay with Pandora during it. We did one a week and the rest of the time in between was vacation.
Eagle:We had finished seeing all three schools now and Pandora's choice was the last-Portland. We had our vacation week there as we had with the other schools. It gave all of us a chance to get to know the area better. Much better than a parents weekend. Now we would all go home and Mari and I would decide if Pandora should go or stay. Marijuana and I gave ourselves three days to think it over after we were home I decided to give Hunter a vote. He would have to let us know why he voted the way he did, if it had Merritt we would consider it. We were all home and thinking even Chablis and River.
Pandora: This was totally not fair! We hadn't had any choices when it came to increasing the number of kids from 3 to 4, or even 2 to 3. Now, Hunter had a say in whether or not I'd get to go to Portland or not? This is a perfect example of family politics. If it hadn't been me, if it was Hunter, or River, even Chablis, I wouldn't get a vote! I'm just so fed up with this garbage. They did hate me, they really must--why else would things be like that? Of course daddy wouldn't say anything but explain his flawed thinking, and it was pointless to argue with him, I had yet to win one of those arguments. I wanted Po and Hennesey for parents, they'd let me go without making it a democratic process for the entire family! Even if they didn't let me go, it would have been their decision, and not had anything to do with anyone else.
Hunter: Dad gave me a vote ! Dad always told us that we were all big cheeses, now I believed him. I knew how I would vote already. I knew the reasons Panda wanted to go -all of them- and I liked the campus at the Portland School. More importantly I thought she would fit in there the best. I didn't want her to go though.
Eagle: I had decided to let her go. I told myself that she wasn't running away from things. That's what I told myself though I wasn't sure I was being truthful. Marijuana would have to tell me what she thought soon.
Mari: Eagle, I'm gonna miss her, but I think she'll do well there. Even if it hadn't been her idea, I knew that this would be good for her; Pandora is such an independant girl, and I think she needs this. It would be selfish to keep it from her wouldn't it?
Eagle: We had our meeting and I asked Hunter for his vote . He looked at Pandora for a long time. He knew that his vote could give her what she wanted or keep her there. Hunter?
Hunter: You both think she should go but, I'll miss you if you go Panda. My eyes were starting to pool with tears, When dad said gently to me. Hunter we all will miss her but this isn't about us it's about what's best for Panda. Can we have your answer? I lowered my head and said, I vote yes.
Eagle: Well Pandora it looks like you will be going to the Portland school .

No comments:

Post a Comment