Saturday, April 17, 2004

BJ: I had only been awake for two hours now. I had ended a relationship and raised holy hell when I discovered nothing was being done on the condo. I had finally ended up at my parents home. We discussed the condo problem and mom was ready to call in the whole Cash clan . Everyone from her grandpa Maxwell -her dad, her brother Henry - Aunt Savannah. Stop! Mom, please,it's alright .
Arizona: Yes, Grace please stop and don't even mention Spain and Victoria's husband. Dad was laughing and soon we all were.
Grace: I guess that would be over- kill wouldn't it she laughed.
Arizona: Your welcome to stay with us. You know that son, right?
Grace: Yes Boyd, why don't you stay here, we have room . It's been quite a while since we've had a chance to really visit with you. Please stay, won't you?
BJ: I thought about for a few minutes. Alright, but you have to let me help out mom-dad, deal ?
Certainly they both replied .
BJ: It had been great staying with them and I promised we would do it again. It was about 10 pm now and I was headed back to my room at Keely's . I would know soon enough just what I was walking into. I unlocked the door and walked in. I put my things in my room, then went into the kitchen. Keely was sitting on one of the stools and it looked like she had been reading something . Hello, I said to her and helped myself to some juice. Did you find the job of your dreams yet, I asked and sat down beside her.
Keely: The job of my dreams? Well, nearly. It's a marketing firm, I'd basically be a go-fer. I think they called it an office assistant. I think I'll take it though, a girls gotta start somewhere.
BJ: When do you start, do you know yet? I was just wondering if you would still have time for the dance classes. The reason for my taking them has changed now. I no longer have a deadline for completion, so it won't matter if we only manage to have one class a week. Assuming your still interested that is. I've just recently been reminded of why I have never taken anything for granted. Keely about our affair, I'm not sure I can handle it right now-
Keely: No, I don't know yet. I'll be calling them on Monday to find out. I understand BJ,
BJ: What do they market? Do you mean it's an advertising agency?
Keely: Yea, I guess so. He said they have 5 large projects that they're currently working on, he wouldn't say who the clients were or anything though.
BJ: So you have to call and let him know if you have accepted the job, is that it? Any others that intrest you ?
Keely: Yea, that about covers it, the others don't hold much of a future; This company is offering a lot of things that just make sense for what I want and what I need.
BJ: And that is -what?
Keely: They'll send me to school, I get a month of vacation yearly, the opportunity to relocate in the future, I won't need to stay late, basically they've guaranteed that I won't need financial help for anything from my family. Plus all the medical coverage and whatnot. He told me that once I finish my classes I'm guaranteed a promotion. Provided that I do well, I need to hold a certain GPA. I think I actually stand a chance at this place. The others weren't as flexible, if this ranch camp hasn't had a profound effect on Keely's behavior, I'm guaranteed to be right back out there looking for another job with the other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment