Wednesday, April 21, 2004

BJ: I laughed a little, you mean Caroline's behavior, don't you? I don't see why her behavior should cause you to lose your job Keely. Have you tried putting her in a private school? Catholic, maybe ? You don't have to be of that religion to go there. You could always transfer to Summerset-your job that is, if the company has a base there . You would have a bigger support base. Don't worry about that right now. The job sounds like a dream, enjoy it. Look, it's eleven now and dance class is tomorrow morning. I'm going to get ready for bed. I lightly kissed her lips if you need or want anything that's where I'll be. Keely, what I said earlier, about us- forget it . I'm fine--good night.
Keely: Oh crud, yes, that's what I meant! I couldn't believe I had mixed up myself and my daughter. Good night. I wasn't so sure he was fine, but it also didn't make sense that he would end a relationship; rather than stop the affair to begin with. Ah yes, dance class in the morning, off to bed I go!
BJ:The next morning we went to class as usual and although the reasons for taking it had changed I still enjoyed it. I felt more relaxed and at ease with myself and Keely now. We talked to our instructor about Monday's class telling him that we might have to change hours or I might need a new partner-we weren't sure yet. He nodded, and I told him I would let him know as soon as we did. He thanked us and we left. Keely, how would you like to go with me to check on how my condo is coming along. I haven't been there for a couple of days and I want to see what they have done.
Keely: Yea, it sounds like an adventure. They haven't been doing well without you being there to provide supervision have they?
BJ: No they haven't . Mom is ready at a moments notice to call in the whole Cash clan- I told her I had it under control, even laughed about it. If they screw up again though I may decide to let her handle it. Would you like to eat when we get there or before? I would like to change before we leave, something more casual I think. Do you agree?
Keely: I think it would be wise to change, it might be a good idea to eat first too.
BJ: We went home changed and ate. Keely had all kinds of food put up from her cooking -baking spree of the week before. We talked about class and the people in it. We had to find time to practice and a place. I looked at the clock and we decided to get going. We arrived in the park near my condo at 12:30. There seemed to be a lot of activity going on. Good or bad I couldn't tell yet. I turned to Keely, does it seem to you that there are way too many workers here, or is it just me? I did hire my own inspector but, I really don't know anything about it myself. Maybe I should ask uncle Henry ?
Keely: Ummm, I'd say so. How can any work get done with so many people in the way?
BJ: So that is exactly what I did. When I called I told him who I was and I appoligized for bothering them on a Sunday. Then I told him what we had discovered and what had happened the week before.
Henry: Do you have your paper work with you Boyd ? He told me that he did . I suggested that he and his friend come over to the house and we would look things over together. Then I hung up. Sarah, I walked to the door of my study and spoke to my wife. It looks as if we will be having company for dessert -two more. Do you recall my sister Grace calling a few days ago? Well, evidently Boyd does need our help. Is Aiden working or is he still up here ? I'd like him to join us,since we are having company and it is family. I can use the intercom if he is already gone.
BJ: I looked at the phone, then up at Keely. I guess we're having dessert with my uncle. Ready?
Keely: Certainly.
Sarah: I think he's still up here, I'll grab him.
Henry: Thank you Sarah I said, catching her cheek with a kiss before she left to ensnare our son. I took the time before they arrived to go over what information I had collected about Boyd's project. From what I could gather so far it all looked straight forward and not that complicated. I set the file aside, I wasn't going to worry about anything yet, there was no need. When they arrived we were just gathering in the library and after introduction, dessert was brought in the usual small talk took place. I took Boyd into the den and went over things with him.
BJ: Your more than welcome to get together with the contractor and look over the project if that will help. At this point I am completely at a loss. We went to the condo and I wandered around with Keely while uncle Henry, the contractor and the inspectors talked. After half an hour it was all sorted out. Uncle Henry seemed satisfied anyway and he would know. We all thanked him -inspectors, contractor, everyone and then he left. Keely and I now had the rest of the afternoon to ourselves and I asked her if she would like to go aboard the Whale. We could relax, practice our dancing, swim, almost do anything or we could just walk around town, talk and visit the places we used to go when we were very young.
Keely: I opted for the latter, it had been a long time since I'd been in town. We walked around, stopping to notice things that had changed, and remembering things we'd done in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment