Friday, April 02, 2004

Pandora: Well, I was on the bus to go to Clown Camp. I put my headphones on, and tried to ignore all the wannabe comedians I was forced to be around. It didn't work, Hunter, leave me alone please. This whole thing will be miserable enough for me, I don't need your squirting flower making everything worse. I wiped the water off my things as best I could, and pulled out a cotton scarf to clean the rest of it off.
Hunter: Come on Panda, lighten up . Do you always have to be so serious.
You don't know how to have fun any more.
Pandora: I'm sorry that I hate clowns, I've always hated clowns. Now is not exactly the timing I would choose for standing down a phobia, much less learning how to be what I'm phobic about! This is just not fun for me alright?
Hunter: How can you be Phobic ? I'll try not to be so enthusiastic ok?
Panda: Thanks Hunter, but as long as you make an effort to stay out of my face everything will be fine.
Hunter: I looked at her hard. She always made everything so hard for herself . All she needed to say was -Hunter enough! I would have stopped. I recognize boundaries.
I had a great time. They recognized that Panda did not want to clown. They let her help set things up for the stunts and other things we learned to do.
We attended all kinds of circus performances. I had a great time and didn't worry about Panda- I was on vacation!
Pandora: It wasn't so bad I guess. I got to help set things up, and I used two whole sketchbooks with all the drawing I did. My sketches of people were getting better, and I met some other kids who weren't all about the clown thing; but we just didn't mesh very well. This wasn't one of those exclusive things where it's all rich kids of famous people; and Monroe is a well known name, I made a friend or two but for the most part kept to myself. This was the perfect place for Hunter, and I was glad to see him enjoying himself. When we got home, it was only for two/three days and then it was time to leave again to look at schools. They were expecting us, and acted like mom and dad's best friends. I sat through all the boring informative stuff, and took notes on things that caught my interest, good or bad. The interviews were odd; the questions were totally off the wall, and when I was able to check the place out on my own I thought that maybe this wasn't for me. I thought about it more, and if they were going to let me go, I knew there was only one that I wanted to be at. Portland, it wasn't completely isolated from the world, there was plenty to see and do and I didn't get the whole prison camp feeling from the place. I found dad and mom, this one! This is the one I want to be at.

No comments:

Post a Comment