Wednesday, April 07, 2004

BJ: I found some canned juice after searching through the cupboards for awhile. Then I remembered, there wouldn't be much unless Mer or I brought it here. Keely and Caroline ate most of their meals out . They didn't have much time for cooking, at least Keely didn't . I wondered why Caroline never cooked or started dinner to help her mother out. Keely did work in a restaurant . I was just trying to keep my mind working I decided and about that time I moved one thing too many and a whole shelf came falling down. Lucky for me it wasn't cans and it hit the counter instead of me-the shelf that is. It's just me Keely I shouted from amidst the mess on the floor.
Keely: I heard the crash, and BJ shouting to let me know it was him. I came down to make sure he was okay, and to see what had broken. I found him amongst boxes, cans and books on the floor. Are you alright? I found the toolbox under the sink, and went to work securing the shelf. Then I helped BJ dig his way out of the mess. When that was done, I sat him down and made the juice he had managed to find before the crash. So BJ, what is it you're trying not to think about?
BJ: You, I told her I'm trying not to think about you.
Keely: I handed him a glass of juice, and sat on the seat next to his. Is that all, or just the part when the shelf fell down?
BJ: No, I was thinking about you before that. Wondering why Caroline doesn't help out with meals when your working and can't do it. I know she'll help me sometimes. Your not talking about my surface thoughts are you ? I didn't think so. I've been offered a job on the space station. I don't think I'll take it -holi-deck programming and ambassador . It's a great move for me and I would be a fool not to take it but, I like radio. Do you think I'm nuts?
Keely: Only a little. Besides the ambassador status, can they offer you anything you really need? If not, then why give up radio for it?
BJ: The programming would be interesting. I won't do it though. I like being a voice in the night. Keely? Are you alright with my being here?
Keely: Why shouldn't I be? You pay your rent, take dance classes with me, you clean up after yourself, and you're not a pervert!
BJ: Well when you put it like that... I.. So are you prepared to go dancing tomorrow? It isn't midnight yet?
Keely: I'll be wonderfully prepared, since the job at the fish market is done, and I'll have more time to sleep. Not yet, but give it about 15 minutes. How's my grandmother doing?
BJ: Your....... Oh right, Mercedes, she is another puzzle going around in my head. She is feeling much better thanks. When is Caroline due back? August?
Keely: Yes, she'll be back in August. Just in time to get everything she needs for school.
BJ : Well, I said as I rose I'll see you about 5 am. then and we can have breakfast together. Will you have cereal as usual? Good night Keely, thanks.
Keely: Good night BJ. I was not going to be going back to sleep in the next hour or so, I decided to go get some groceries. I came back with a car load of things and stocked up the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment