Wednesday, April 07, 2004

BJ: I got up pulled on some pants and went out to start the machine. I hit the button and went back to shower. I would have to dress before I went back out to the kitchen. If I didn't I wouldn't have time to dress. I put a pair of dress pants on and shoes . Then brought out my shirt with me, I'd put that on after breakfast. I went straight for the latte.
Keely: Well, cereal wasn't going to work this morning, I had to use one of those contraptions, I put the eggs and bacon in, and ran back up to get dressed. I pulled on the pantyhose, and the dress, and ran back downstairs with shoes in hand, just in time to get breakfast out of that stinking machine.
BJ: I was pouring my first cup and one for Keely when she came racing into the kitchen, dropped her shoes and pulled breakfast out of whatever that was. Where would you like me to put the plates ? Counter or table? You better relax or you won't make it today.
Keely: Counter, and I'm working on the relaxing thing. Could you zip this for me?
BJ: Sure, I set the dishes down on the counter. She had already turned her back to me and was holding her hair. I took hold of the tab and the bottom of the zipper and slid it up to her back. I carefully moved the loose ends of her hair and finished zipping. She smelled fresh and clean. I dropped the hair and stepped away from her. There you are I said.
Keely: Thank you. We ate breakfast, and went to dance class. It was time to learn a new dance, BJ caught on to this one much better than I did.
BJ: With all the closeness of these dances and the passion they needed you to show or enphsize I should say, it was a wonder everyone wasn't headed for bed afterward. On the other hand maybe they were. I hoped teens didn't get into this. Keely's dress was exactly right for what we were doing now. I wondered again why she hadn't found anyone yet. I twirled her into my arms and we were face to face and hardly a breath away.
Keely: My first instinct was to kiss him, but it's a good thing that I never follow that one. How did gram get so lucky? BJ always smelled good, always looked good, why wasn't he taking these classes with gram? Of course, if he were to kiss me, that wouldn't be me following my first instinct, just following his lead.
BJ: She had opened her lips just a little like an invitation. It was too late we had taken to long and hadn't followed into the next position and Raif was right there telling us what we should have done. Then he took Keely and showed me, then returned her to me with a bow to her. That was like pouring cold water on things.
Keely: Raif had probably saved us from a thousand awkward moments. I almost wished he hadn't. After class, I remembered I had a date for lunch. I changed clothes and got ready for another boring date.
BJ: We went back together, as far as the fish market, where I stopped to shop. When I figured I'd gotten everything I needed I headed back. I thought to myself it was a good thing I had a lot of control. I might have kissed her. Then I thought of Mer. There would be know way I would be able to get through these lessons with her as a partner. Not the way we knew - I knew her. On the other hand maybe I could. I wondered just what I should do about the feeling Keely and I were ..oh hell, I told myself just forget it. Nothing was going to happen and I wasn't making any promises to anyone. I reached the door and rang the bell, my hands were full.
Keely: I opened the door expecting my date, and it was BJ. I took a bag or two from his hands and set them on the counter. Then my date showed up, and I had to bid farewell to BJ. I was right, it was an awful, boring date. I came home and started going through recipe books, and cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment