Sunday, April 04, 2004

BJ: Russ hadn't been in with her very long but, I wondered why he was here and so I asked him. He told me that he would be here for two more weeks. 24-7 taking care of Mer. I let him know that she had told me what happened and I would be here to take care of her, most of the time .
Russ: Most of the time is not enough. What are you doing here anyway, I asked BJ , she doesn't need the kind of help you supply anymore.
BJ: I couldn't believe he was talking to me like this. I think she does I told him. I wasn't going to tell him any more than that. It wasn't my place and it wasn't his business. I added, I'll leave when Mer asks me to and not before.
Russ: That of course will be her decision but, I will be here! If you get in the way of her getting well you will be gone! We sat glaring at each other and then PJ jumped up on my lap and licked my face. I relaxed and ran my hand over her fur. She curled up on my lap and went to sleep.
BJ: PJ was curled up on his lap! She raised her eyes to me and I just glared at her.
Mer: While I slept, the men sat glaring at each other, PJ wasn't helping things. She was being quite the best friend to Russ, and I really needed to talk to Russ about BJ, he wouldn't understand. I moved to sit up in the bed, and though I hadn't thought I'd made any noise at all, I was greeted by one of the two men, or maybe both, I wasn't sure, my eyes still hadn't cleared up from sleep yet
BJ: We both went, when it sounded like something had fallen. I got there first, not being impeded by PJ. She look like she was trying to wake up and there was a book on the floor. I picked it up. Russ seeing that she was alright went back out and left us alone.
Mer: He came closer, and I saw that it was BJ. I reached for him, I just wanted to be in his arms, everything felt better when he held me. BJ, is everything going ok? I needed to talk to Russ alone first though. I had to make things work, I wanted BJ there, and I wasn't sure what Russ was doing sitting around here, when Dionne was at home. When Russ came in, he was clearly not happy about BJ's presence. Russ, I love him, and you love Dionne. There is no getting around it, so please don't make this any harder than it needs to be? I held his hand, and hoped that he would understand. What did you tell Dionne? I hope that you told her the truth?
BJ : I came back out almost as soon as I went in . She wants to talk to you Mr. Chandler, I told him. I just couldn't help it and I couldn't believe the words had crossed my lips. He once again removed PJ from his lap and rose and went to Mer. I sat down and leaned my head against the back of the seat. P J sat looking at me from where Russ had set her . Yes, I said to her I did deserve that.
Russ: BJ referring to me as mister Chandler didn't bother me. I went in to Mercedes wondering what she needed to say that seemed so important to her that she couldn't sleep. I sat on the side of the bed facing her. Mercedes, shoosh it's alright. I think I'm getting it. Yes, Dionne' does know that I'm here and that I will be here for the next two weeks. Medicine is my business and I don't care for BJ to know it. I am -was angry because of your going and the medical side of things . You could have used a phone to call him. I care for you Mer but that isn't the main reason I'm here my smile slid across my face and I chuckled. I thought she was going to hit me.
Mercedes: I didn't tell him that you were the doctor, I just told him that I was staying with you and Dee. I know that's not the main reason you're here- it has nothing to do with it you brat! You know what I'm saying, and I really don't get why you need to be here all the time, and what happened to just one week anyhow?
Russ: One week was merely to get you back to looking somewhat like yourself. The rest is to make sure you stay that way. You have to stay on what I have been giving you until you finish week four. You know you can't be trusted and I can't leave you alone . I have to keep changing things from now on if I'm not here I can't gauge the right mixture. I am glad to see that your showing some spunk -Brat!
Mer: Can I have BJ back now please? BJ came back in, the weariness was coming back, and I was glad to see him before sleep once again took over.

No comments:

Post a Comment