Saturday, April 10, 2004

Keely: Alright, so she's not trying to take over my life, and she has my best interests in mind, but some warning would have been nice! Especially since she's putting money into my bank account, and doesn't plan to stop until I get 'settled' into a new higher paying job.
BJ: Do you plan to go back to school or are you going to refuse her help and put the money into a separate account for Caroline and her education? If you really don't want her help you will have to tell her face to face!
Keely: I suppose that I'll be going to some interviews, and see what happens. I had resigned myself to the fact that grams wasn't going to back down, and she was right. Speaking of Mercedes; what are your plans?
BJ: Plans? What do you mean?
Keely: Well, you did say you had moved in with her until the remodeling of your house was finished.
BJ: Yes, I did . The condo is supposed to be done in August but, I haven't done any checking up on it. I think I'll do that now and see how things are coming along. I'll see you Sunday as usual ? I'll be with Mercedes if you need me. I kissed her lightly on the lips and left. I took the transport back home. I went by the condo to see how far along they were. They took me through and by the time we finished August had turned into September, maybe October for the finish date. I left not reassured by my visit and decided to check out the sailboat. It was a beautiful day for sailing and Mer was there. She looked to be as healthy as she had been when we made our first climb and had lost none of her radiance. I waved to her and PJ, evidently deciding she liked me once again was paddling towards me. I help her ashore. I have a gift for you Mer. I gave PJ a bone, fresh from Calabrese's I told her.
Mer: BJ decided to show his face. Sucking up to PJ even. Oh hell what did it matter, it's not like I really expected anything from him. I rode the dingy back to meet him and PJ on dry land. I greeted him with a hug, how have you been?
BJ: Fine, I haven't been gone that long have I ? Your cap my dear, every captain should have one. I set it on her head and put my arms around her then leaned back slightly to see how it looked. Not bad, I told her and kissed her hello. Have you been out here long I asked loosening my hold a bit or is it that you were expecting someone else? I can go Mer, I told her a bit concerned that I might be interrupting her plans.
Mer: No, I wasn't expecting anyone actually. Maybe Keely-- I expect that she's not exactly happy with me right now.
BJ: I'm sure you only have her best interests in mind.
Mer: What are your plans for today?
BJ: My only plans for today are to spend it with you. I stopped by the Condo before I came to see what they had done. Mer, they're telling me maybe September or October now. I'm not sure it will even be done then. That is as much depression as I want to deal with today. You look as if you have regained all your strength, have you?
Mercedes: Even more so than I had expected.
BJ: Really? That's wonderful, isn't it?
Mer: I suppose, in some ways more than others. I think I'd rather not have so much time to think though.
BJ: What would you like to do with the rest of the day?
Mercedes: I think I'd like to do some hang-gliding, what do you think?
BJ: We had been walking and I stopped, my arm around her waist. I would love it , if your sure? What, I asked as we started to walk again, made you think of that? Have you any idea where?
Mercedes: Like I said, I've got too much thinking time! Asia, I know some people there who can get things ready for us quickly.
BJ: All right! What are we waiting for. Maybe I should buy some long pants though! Lets go, wait, what about PJ ? I could feel the adrenaline already and if I died ? Besides my family, who would care, that was just a momentary thought floating through my mind. This would be exciting, the sort of thing I loved to do.
Mer: PJ we'll drop off on the way to the store, so let's get going then.
BJ: If we're going home I can just grab some pants there. By the way Mercedes, what does one wear hang gliding?
Mer: I suppose as long as it's warm and not bulky, you can wear it... jeans and a sweatshirt? I really don't know!
BJ: Annoying isn't it, when you don't know, I laughed. I found my sweatshirt and a pair of jeans and I was ready.
Mer: I made the call to my friends in Asia, and they told me what we'd need to know, coordinates and what not. They'd be ready for us when we got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment