Thursday, April 08, 2004

BJ: I'm up for most anything, you? That leaves suit I'm am going to get one-you?
Keely: Yes, I'll be grabbing one also. We went and changed, and I met him out on the raft.
BJ: Keely was already on the raft when I got there . I pulled myself up onto the raft and sat next to her. Did you want to get away from the crowd?
Keely: There was a crowd? I laughed, Not entirely. Mostly I wanted to push you off. He pulled me into the water with him when I did. We were joined shortly by some of the others, maybe Ceili was the only one I did know!
BJ: You didn't really think I would go in alone, did you Keely. I dunked her. So, I laughed who do you know, that's here I asked her. A few of the others had joined us now and were tradeing dives.
Keely: Let's see! I pulled myself back up, and looked around, then took my dive back in. I see Adam, and I've met Ceili before- I think that's it.
BJ: Well, Ceili is our hostess but I don't know a Adam, show me. We climbed back on and tried to find Adam. Adam who by the way?
Keely: Adam Kensley, he's doing a tribal dance around the fire, I pointed him out.
BJ: Oh, the one swinging his hat around ? I don't know him. Bill, Helen , this is Keely. They said their hi's . Helen wanted to race back to shore the first to get there wins fifty bucks. Want to try she asked? Not me I told her, your a ringer. BJ , your no fun . Bill jumped into the water and was half way there when he said he would and Helen took off.
I looked at Keely I should tell you that she hopes to be on the olympic team this coming year. I was getting dark though and we decided to head for shore. Bill through us a blanket and a couple of towels. Come over by the fire and get warm before you do anything else -there is more food too if your hungry. He took hold of Keely's arm when she tripped and I fell. I'm fine I told them I'm going to change, you go ahead. I'll be there in a few minutes.
Bill: There is someone here who says he knows you Keely- Adam, here she is. Just say hi if you don't want to see him and someone will lead him in another direction-distraction, you see? I don't know him very well myself . I couldn't tell by her reaction whether she was a friend of his or not. He wasn't much like BJ . I wondered aloud where BJ had met her?
BJ: As I walked towards the fire I saw that Bill was walking Keely towards the changing rooms. He left her about half way there when someone called him and he ran up to the house. I wondered what had happened. I knew that one of his horses was due to fold soon and he had been worried for some reason. I didn't move though, just sat on the rocks watching the world turn and thinking of ...
Keely: No sooner had Bill been wondering about how BJ and I met than he was running to the house, leaving me with Adam. So Adam, scared to come and say hello on your own? Understandable, but if you're thinking I'll go out with you try again. We chatted for a few seconds, and I went to change. Walking back to the fire, I found BJ sitting on the rocks. I climbed up and sat next to him, and offered him half of the blanket.
BJ: Keely stopped to talk with some guy after Bill left her. I remembered he was the guy-Adam, that was his name. It looked from here like he might have been one of her dates gone wrong. I turned back to the waves and watched the tide climb farther up the beach. Keely sat next to me, pulling the blanket around us. I welcomed the warmth, the distraction from my thoughts. Thanks, I needed that I'm feeling reflective just now. You're sure to have more fun at the party than sitting here with me.
Keely: Fun is relative. If you'd like me to leave you alone I will. Are you working tonight?
BJ: Yes, I should go, they won't have ...Hell with it. I'm not going in. I pulled out my phone and let them know I wouldn't be in tonight. You can use the taped show and I told them where to find it. I will be in tomorrow night. That takes care of that I said. I think I'd like to spend a little more time alone, if you wouldn't mind. Could you give me 'bout half an hour?
Keely: I most certainly can do that. I left him with the blanket, and returned to the party. It was definately an interesting bunch of people, and I mingled among them, I finally took a seat on a log with a plate of food. The fire was warm and inviting, and I once again wondered why I had come, I must be out of my mind. In a matter of days I had gone from just normal to agreeing to have a short affair with BJ who was also carrying on a long term affair with my grandmother. I gave him about 45 minutes before I went back over to check on him.
BJ: I watched her walk down the beach towards the warm and friendly gathering of my friends. Our friends now, at least I hoped she had made some friends. I thought about what I had done. I thought about Mer and I wasn't sure I could go back to her or that she would want me to. Somehow I felt she knew what I had done. I didn't know what I would do truthfully. While these thoughts were going through my head I saw Keely walking towards me again. I smiled, waved and went to meet her.
Keely: I had made some friends, and even some plans with a couple of people. I didn't know if BJ planned to go back to Texas or not, or even if grams would still want him there. Guilt, this was guilt; no he hadn't promised anything and neither had I. Thing was- she loved him, and I didn't. I found BJ, with a smile on his face, and I felt a smile creep up on me.
BJ: Howdy-having a good time, I asked her, as we headed back in the direction she had just come from. I put my arm around her shoulders and when she looked up at me I kissed her. It was meant only to be a short friendly one but it turned out to be much more.
Keely: Somehow I went from guilt to something completely different in a matter of seconds.
BJ: This was crazy, we couldn't be doing this here but we were. The music and hum of voices were in the distance and now they seemed farther away than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment