Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Dionne: Russ was finally home, which must mean that Mercedes was okay now, I asked about her anyway.
Russ: We did go out and celebrate her being well honey. Is something worrying you, something else?
Dionne: I don't know, I just have a strange feeling that something is wrong, somewhere.
Russ: With your sister? She is back to herself in more ways than one. If you feel that way though, perhaps we, you should call.
Dionne: I think I'll make a few calls, I'm not sure if it's Mer, or something/someone else. I went to the phone, Mercedes was fine, Brian and Sheri were alright as were thier kids, and then I called Lacey, maybe something was going on over there?
Ransom: Ransom speaking.
Dionne: Ransom, it's your grandmother. When do you suppose you'll come and visit?
Ransom: Grandmother? Ah, well I don't know? When would you like to make an appointment?
Dionne: An appointment? Well, why don't you let me know when your schedule isn't full, or you could just drop by the dance studio for lunch next week?
Ransom: Alright um, I'll stop by the studio. See you then Dionne'. I rang off. Boy oh boy! I'd called her by her first name too. So what I was old enough!
Dionne: I'd have to call back, first of all, since when was that ok, and second of all, I had originally called to talk to his father anyways.
Ransom : Ransom speaking, I said once again into the phone. Hoping I wouldn't have to deal with Gran.
Dionne: Ransom, is your dad home?
Ransom: No They went to some Cash thing. Would you like to leave a message? I prayed that she wouldn't and that I could get off the phone.
Dionne: Forget it Ransom, wouldn't want to take up more than two seconds of your time. I hung up the phone. That was painful, I wanted to rip into him; but it wouldn't accomplish anything.
Russ: I watched as she returned the phone . She was upset. What was that all about I asked questioningly?
Dionne: Ransom, it seems that talking to me for two minutes is a hassle. Lacey and Steph aren't home.
Russ: Her hand was still on the phone and I put mine on hers. Dionne' he could be waiting for a call. It may not have anything to do with you at all. Think about it.
Dionne: He asked me if I wanted to make an appointment to see him, he called me Dionne, and you're probably right.
Russ: It sounds like his mind is somewhere else, I wonder where it is.
Ransom: Why didn't they call ! I hoped that it would be soon, mom and dad weren't going to be home until late but, the day was slipping away . I wanted to have everything set before they found out-before I told them. I wouldn't wait much later. I would call them in a few more minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment