Monday, February 23, 2004

Aside from being mom to Panda and Hunter, being pregnant, and trying not to be like the other wives; who were constantly calling about their husbands for one reason or another;I spent much time keeping our private lives private. In January of 2399, I called Ell for a reason other than being pregnant. My tires had been slashed, which I hadn't thought to be too bad, considering what had happened to others; Eagle had been poisoned just a year ago while we were on the Whale. The next day though, I came home with Pandora and Hunter, and found my clothes slashed up. I called Ell, and this time I told her it was an emergency, someone had been in the house, I would be at my dads with Panda and Hunter I called the cops, not much help if you asked me, and when Eagle got there, we decided that we needed a better security system, for the new house.

It was August later that year and there was a huge concert, it was being televised, our new security system could not protect him there, or any of the other performers for that matter (Pandora and Hunter had gone to bed early). I watched in horror as gun-fire sprayed the stage, I was paging Ell, but she had so many people calling her I didn't expect a swift response. I couldn't get ahold of dad, or much of anyone for that matter, they were all there, working! Breeze was dead, Eagle I didn't know for sure, I didn't know anything for sure, I just wanted to leave to go there, make sure everyone was ok. I called Po'Em, she'd be right over. Hennesy would stay with the kids, and she would help me find Eagle. Kari called while we were driving around aimlessly. She was a mess, but she told us which hospital to go to. It was sooo crowded, I looked for Kari, Ell, anyone who knew something... I finally got through to the main desk, and asked where Eagle was... The nurse directed me to the waiting room, he was in surgery. Everyone was in the waiting room, some spattered with blood still. I was informed that Eagle was out of surgery, but Socrates was still in critical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment