Sunday, February 29, 2004

Russ: After leaving Mercedes with BJ King. I went back out for a bit. I took a few deep breaths and tried to center myself in my universe. Lionel came out and stood beside me. Dad, yes Lionel, I don't know what that was all about, but it looked pretty serious. I took another deep breath and said yes Lionel and waited for him to say more. Perhaps a lecture on how to conduct myself in a more appropriate manner for a man just married. I couldn't help myself the smile automatically slid onto my face. I love you dad, is what he said and I saw my smile slide across his, face. We looked at each other for a minute of two. I think I have left Dionne' alone too long, what do you think Lionel? I think you might be right Pops, he chided.
I found Dionne' talking intensely with an old man and danced her away. You are a very accomplished dancer Mrs. Chandler and very beautiful today. I kissed her as we danced across the floor. I love you Dionne'.

Russ: Dionne' put her hand to my cheek, I guessed that Mercedes hand print was still there. Dionne' didn't ask about it; though she did want me to know she had seen it . Your sister thinks I'm crude I whispered in her ear.

Dionne: I don't want to know. Do I?

Russ: I don't know, do you?
Dionne': Russ, I stopped dancing. I love you, but if there is something going on, I need to know about it, and I would prefer not to include our guests in this conversation.

Russ: I took her arm and for the third time today I went outside. Dionne', I looked into her eyes trying to decide how much truth she really wanted to know and trying to decide how much I should tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment