Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Ell: I made a really stupid mistake . I went to the concert. I was thinking about taking on yet one more client. He wanted me to see him perform and then make up my mind . All the other garbage isn't important right now. I find myself laying on a cot, under a tent. It hurts to move and I feel like I've been run over, maybe I have. The nurse, I think she is a nurse, doesn't know anything I ask about. I find my bag tucked in beside me in the cot. Of course the first thing I do is call the hospital, probably make more sense to call my husband to tell him I'm not dead! I need to find out as much as I can so ..

I have squeezed out every bit of information I can from my contacts and Am ready to get to work. It's my job control . I sign the papers she grudgingly hands me and I out of here.

I walk around the beds -I am not comfortable about this but it has to be done. I have to know. I put a smile on my face and continue . There are too many people I know here. I take notes , jot messages and phone numbers -people's names- and promise that I will do my best to get a hold of them. As I go along I think that there couldn't have been this many people there. There just couldn't have!

No comments:

Post a Comment