Friday, February 27, 2004

Mer: Russ, she is not any such thing. Just because someone told you she's seeing someone doesn't mean shit. You should know better than that. Dionne doesn't cook, for anybody... If she's making dinner for you, then all you need to do is walk up to her door. And no Clay wouldn't want me to quit, but it just isn't in me to do it. Not much is right now. I'm not strong like everybody else, I'm too much like my dad, and he walked in front of a bus after mom died, so I think I'm doing pretty fucking good as far as that's concerned. I'm going to start therapy, and maybe someday I'll get back up there again, I just can't do it yet. Now you want to tell me Dionne doesn't love you, go ahead... She doesn't do alone well, but she knows where her heart is.
Russ: What did you promise her!
Mer: I told her that I wasn't stealing her boyfriend, she didn't say anything... She didn't ask me to do anything, I lied to her. I told her that the last thing on my mind was men, and then I spent the whole tour being a drunken slut, trying not to want more than friendship with you.

Russ : Mer, your not a slut. You were just trying to keep the darkness away. As for friendship , Mer you took that away, you wouldn't be my friend. You were the reason I went on that tour Mer, because you were my friend I went and I did my best to keep most of the trash away from you . I needed someone to talk to. I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad but so that you know. I don't just listen to anyone who tells me things, and you should know that too. Now , as a friend , I am asking you to stay here for a while so I can talk to you-- about things. Will you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment