Sunday, February 29, 2004

Russ: We sat facing each other on the bench and I held her hands and told her the whole truth. If the end of my marriage was going to happen , I wanted it over now. I didn't want it to die slowly.
I started at the beginning the tour how things were when I left, my celibacy. Mercedes, the way she was feeling , my offering her a place to stay. Our needing to talk about Clay and you Dionne'. How Mercedse and I had almost made love. How I needed to be sure of my feelings for you, Dionne before I let anything happen between Mer and I. Yes Dionne' if she hadn't been your sister, I believe, I would have made love to her. I might not have even taken the time to discover how I really felt about you! It might well have been Mercedes, that I married and not you. Yes, this is what Mercedes and I were talking about . I tried telling her half the truth but it didn't work and she was still going to take herself out of your life I'm not sure how far she was about to go. Doesn't matter, some how the truth is out now and she can deal with what happened between she and I. The question is Dionne, can you deal with this. I love you! I married you. I am not going to pine away over Mercedes or she over me. If you choose to end this marriage I won't be rushing into Mercedes arms. If you have any doubts end it now. I can't put on a happy face and go back in there, No matter how good a performer I am I can't do it today! Do you love ME Dionne'?


Dionne': I listened to Russell telling me what was going on, and I didn't know how it made me feel. When he finished, I thought that I might actually love him more, if that was even possible! Russell Chandler, I didn't think it was possible to love you any more than I already did, and I was wrong. Yes, I love you! I moved closer to him, held his face in my hands, told him again, I love you; and kissed him.

Russ: I love you, I said over and over again as we kissed . I hadn't made a mistake in loving this woman and it gave me the strength to go back inside for flower throwing and finally leaving .

No comments:

Post a Comment