Tuesday, February 24, 2004

2399-2401 Denzel Jr.: I had accepted Breeze, mom loved him, he made her happy; it was good to see her with a smile on her face, rather than the faked smile I had seen so often with Dad. Dad had been clueless; I had been angry with her and Breeze at the beginning, but I realized that I had been watching mom sink into an abyss. I guess dad wasn't aware that she needed him, of course I don't assume to know everything that went on in my parents lives, but I did know that mom wasn't herself. She wasn't one to fake happiness for others, and I suppose the turn around had been when she started seeing Breeze. Nine years ago dad died, alone. He had been unable to get over mom, and he was bitter. Mom felt badly about hurting him, and at his funeral, I could see the pain in her eyes.
Now, things were worse than ever before. Breeze was killed during a concert. Aunt Mercedes was in the hospital, as was Eagle. Mom would never be the same. She had Breeze's grandchildren, and Eagle, and me, but I hadn't had any kids yet. Basically, mom had a void, that I wasn't sure could ever be filled. I began to see her fake smile again, and it killed me inside. Eagle and I didn't know if we should go see her, since we both had the luck to look exactly like our fathers, who now were both dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment