Monday, February 23, 2004

Rowena : While on the move we, Sheri and I, called the powers that be to see where they could use us the most. No sense going where we weren't needed.
They need us on site ,at the concert venue. I knew that I would be able to handle this MASH type work environment, I was not sure about Sheri. I don't know where she learned it but I was sure she had done this before. We were going to be separated soon, I knew. Doctors were in short supply around here. I gave her a hug, she had been a good friend to me. I knew other women just couldn't handle friendships like ours, and I thanked her. She hugged me back and whispered thank you. There wasn't any more time and I wasn't sure I wanted to know what she was thanking Me for. The Rest is just a blur of bodies. I kept working trying not to look at the faces. I knew, that there were friends and family here and sometimes I wanted to scream, like Sheri had earlier. Shots could still be heard ringing through the air. I Prayed that I would live through this and see my baby again.

No comments:

Post a Comment