Monday, February 20, 2012

2412:

Chablis: Hunter, can you drop me at the skate park? Dad can't, and mom won't; she thinks I need a day at the "spa"! Hunter, you can't let me be dragged into that; I'm not Pandora, it's not my scene!

Hunter: You realize it couldn't hurt if you actually knew how to be a girl right? I mean, you're killing mom. I think Dad's getting a little mad about it himself. You can't avoid mom forever.

Chablis: Wanna bet? I avoided Cassidy all summer. I'm not sure why your ex-girlfriends think they can win you by kissing up to me, but it's getting old.

Hunter: Blis, come on! Get in, and don't forget your stuff. You have to have that cell phone with you, or else Mom will come down there and really ruin your whole "I'm one of you" reputation!

Chablis: No problem; I'm prepared! I grabbed my things, and Hunter dropped me off in front of the skate park, with the warning to behave. Yeah, okay Hunter; no cops today, I promise!
I turned around to head into the front office and realized that Damon was working. He didn't bend the rules for anybody; not even me. Hey Damon! I tried to stay positive, and hide my disappointment. Is it busy today?

Damon: Hey Chablis, you still can't go in there, doesn't matter how busy they are. You know that. You can't go in there; the boss finds out I let you, and I don't have a job anymore. Who are you trying to impress today anyways?

Chablis: Damon, I looked to the front of the room, and caught a glimpse of Marilyn passing by. OH crap, can I use the bathroom, and maybe can you tell me when Marilyn leaves?
Damon: I couldn't help myself, and started laughing. This girl was more of a regular here than the regulars, and from the look of it, she didn't want her best friend to know the extent of it. "So, why are you hiding from your best friend" I asked from the office side of the bathroom
door.

Chablis: Because Marilyn ganged up on me yesterday. Her and everyone else female that has any part in my life, and frankly I'm pissed off.

Damon: She's gone now. What could you possibly have done to get ganged up on for?

Chablis: Oh, Pandora's back in town... and they all think I don't act enough like a girl. I so totally got born into the wrong family Damon. You think Dean will come downtown and hang out? Since you won't let me go in?
Damon: I'll see, but you better not pull any shit this time; he can't come home looking like he did last time, or else Mom will kill me. I told her to get moving before Marilyn came back, and she left.
Hey Dean, your friend wants you to meet her downtown; do me a favor and get back here before Dad gets in?

Dean: Cool. I'll be back in time, no worries. I grabbed a couple of the guys and I took them to meet my friend. Chablis was a kick-ass boarder, and laser skater too, but the guys still wouldn't believe me. As we rounded the corner into the cement domain of monument park, I knew that by the end of today there would be no doubt. She might not be allowed into the skate park, but that's because Dad banned her from the premises after she broke a couple rules, you know the safety rules... the important ones. "Guys, she's fearless. Seriously."

Chablis: Dean kept his word and brought some of the guys over with him, and we had a blast. Dean left with his friends in time to be back at the park by closing, and I met Hunter in time for my ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment