Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Diane: I liked Pandora. The teachers were excellent as were the town and school. Everything was perfect! After a while I began to look for the fly in the ointment.
In November I started to become home-sick. I missed my family and would quietly cry myself to sleep each night. I could feel myself pulling away from the friends I'd made. I felt alone and that I was the only one feeling this way now. I installed my privacy curtain -all I had to do was tell it to open or close and it would. I began to have it closed more than open and when she asked I told Pandora I wanted to be alone.
There were people we could talk to about our problems, I just didn't want to share mine.
I felt unable to say anything. I had wanted to come so badly and insisted so long and hard that I would feel foolish admitting that I was home-sick now. We had been told that it would -could happen but, I had thought it would be right away, not now.
Any mail I received went into a drawer unopened and stayed there. I would not answer it or return calls from home.
I pinned a "I am not in" notice on my privacy curtain and I requested permission to stay on campus over the holidays. That was farther than my family was willing to go and the second Saturday in November my father came to school for a conference.
I wanted to run to him and throw my arms around his neck and beg him to take me home,never to return but, I didn't. We sat and I listened while they discussed how I was doing and then I walked my dad to the car. I broke down and told him everything. He agreed to Thanksgiving but we would discuss Christmas at a later date. I felt so much better already.
My mood improved and I became my old self again, to the relief of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment